Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

[Q]Xbox Kinetic + Xbox Skyplayer???

• 21-08-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Q1 - was wondering is there any exact date when the kinetic hits the market?

Q2 - xBox slim can play sky? does it play it from the internet or can you get hardware add-on to plug in your card and satellite cables?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's called Kinect.

Think it comes out Nov 10.

Sky player streams from an Internet connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

rizzla wrote: »
    It's called Kinect.

Think it comes out Nov 10.

Sky player streams from an Internet connection.

is there no hardware add on to make it work like your sky box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

is there no hardware add on to make it work like your sky box?

No, and there never will be. It isn't a satellite receiver, it's a games console.

well thats why i said a hardware add on :)

well thats why i said a hardware add on :)

My answer is still no. There is just no way for such a device to interface with the console - how would it input video to a console who's only purpose is to output video? What would be the point of it either, if you've got the dish, subscription and viewing card then surely you've got a box to hook up to the TV? :D

• Advertisement

i dont know :) thats why i asked :D

like they used to have a dvd reader add on the early xbox by the same i though you could make some hardware add on for sky :) would reduce 1 box under the telly :D and i remote less ;)

like they used to have a dvd reader add on the early xbox by the same i though you could make some hardware add on for sky :) would reduce 1 box under the telly :D and i remote less ;)

Oh it'd be handy, but I just can't see it happening I'm afraid - there's very little demand for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 krenath

there is the option of signing on to sky player using your existing sky subscription details

krenath wrote: »
    there is the option of signing on to sky player using your existing sky subscription details

The OP knows this, but I just assume they don't have the broadband capable of delivering a quality service.

lol well it my broadband should be able to deliver it :) but it cant...crappy 3 broadband down in the country side :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement