Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Charges for International transfers?

Options
  • 21-08-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much does it cost with the different banks here to receive an international transfer? I've heard some banks charge, some don't.

Also does anyone know if any of them don't charge??

*I know Bank of Scotland didn't charge but not much use now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

pog it wrote: »
    Just wondering how much does it cost with the different banks here to receive an international transfer? I've heard some banks charge, some don't.

Also does anyone know if any of them don't charge??

*I know Bank of Scotland didn't charge but not much use now!

Depends on the amount and the currency.

Eurozone tranfers under 50,000 are covered by SEPA, and must be at the same as domestic tranfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Depends on the amount and the currency.

Eurozone tranfers under 50,000 are covered by SEPA, and must be at the same as domestic tranfers.

Cheers for replying Gerard. My bank doesn't charge for domestic transfers so I presume then from what you are saying they won't charge for Eurozone transfers either.

Say though it was a wire transfer from the U.S. Has anyone's bank charged them on the receiving end of this transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

pog it wrote: »
    Cheers for replying Gerard. My bank doesn't charge for domestic transfers so I presume then from what you are saying they won't charge for Eurozone transfers either.

Say though it was a wire transfer from the U.S. Has anyone's bank charged them on the receiving end of this transfer?

That depends on how the sender sent the money, it can be either sender pays all or shared costs. If shared cost, the recipient would have to pay something.

Advertisement