Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos returns

Options
  • 21-08-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭

I bought a msi cr700 laptop in argos. After 1 month its not working, powers on but just a black screen. I'll have to bring it back but what happens then - do they send it away and how long will that take, will i get a replacement or refund? Any advise welcomed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I bought a msi cr700 laptop in argos. After 1 month its not working, powers on but just a black screen. I'll have to bring it back but what happens then - do they send it away and how long will that take, will i get a replacement or refund? Any advise welcomed

They will send it away to be examined and if the fault is determined not to be user inflicted, they will repair it. If it was under one month, then it would be a straight swap out. Can't say how long though sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the sending it away is normal procedure and it should take a reasonable time which for most would be 2-3weeks, if they do not return it within 2 weeks contact argos again asking them for an update and let them know you are not happy with waiting any longer than 3 weeks for a repair or replacement, it is a laptop and as such should be repaired in a few days at most or replaced and shipping should take a few days each way.

Advertisement