Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 Zafira - interior lights stuck on permanently

Options
  • 21-08-2010 9:36pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Mrs G noticed this problem last night when she was coming home from work - interior light didn't go out when she started driving, even when she rechecked all the doors, and then wouldn't go out even after the keys were removed form the car.

Anyone ever come across this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Im sure you have checked but did someone flick the switch to the 'on always' position.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Gaspode wrote: »
    Mrs G noticed this problem last night when she was coming home from work - interior light didn't go out when she started driving, even when she rechecked all the doors, and then wouldn't go out even after the keys were removed form the car.

Anyone ever come across this before?

Door lock still open or the central control unit on rear left quater panel gives problems. Main dealer am afraid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Im sure you have checked but did someone flick the switch to the 'on always' position.

No switch position checked on the rear ones, the front central one has no switch.
    dmca77 wrote: »
    Door lock still open or the central control unit on rear left quater panel gives problems. Main dealer am afraid.

I'm beginning to think that alright. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Gaspode wrote: »
    wouldn't go out even after the keys were removed form the car.

Even when the car was locked - presumably with a remote central locking / alarm key?

If so, the battery will be draining and you probably won't be able to start the car by the time you can get it to a garage on Monday. Unless you remove the fuse for the interior lighting of course. The owners manual should tell you where it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't the interior light controlled by the headlights switch? Pushing pulling the switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Isn't the interior light controlled by the headlights switch? Pushing pulling the switch

thats the way they used to be anyway ,and it was my first thoughts on it , customers used to be very embarassed when the problem was shown to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Buddy drained his Astra's battery a few times by not working the switch right. Hate Opel switchgear...if it's not that pull the fuse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

colm_mcm wrote: »

On the older models that was true, and indeed I made that mistake myself with the last car I had! There's no push/pull on the newer vectras (post 2005).

I've had to take out the bulb from the front centre light, and manually set the rest of them to off to protect the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Iirc on the 05 Type astra you can press the switch for the light. It's electronic. The zafira is hardly the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

The first thing I would do is lock the car with all doors closed. Then check the two rear doors and see if they are locked. Most likely one wont be. The wiring between the body of the car and the door tends to break and cause problems such as this. Let me know if this doesnt solve the problem and I will give you some more to check, I work on opels every day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement