Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Montages to Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

its like scratching nails across a blackboard, not like at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Ewww, that is pretending to be something else. And big fail, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yep sorry Keps can't say I'm a fan of it either. I'll usually skip the video if I come across one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I think the most enjoyable photo slide shows are ones that you have a personal attachment to - a wedding of a relative, you newborn baby, a holiday set of snaps, or the results of a photo walk / workshop that you are taking part in perhaps, etc... But they aren't generally for the masses imho. Then you can add and play as much cheesy music that you can get your hands on and get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Too random and awful jerky transformations imo. Only really like time lapse and stop motion stuff when it comes to photo-videos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 freddyhard

i thought that was quite well done. some of the images were excellent and i liked the presentation. i cannot understand how anyone can describe the music to nails on a chalk board!

Music a bit too cheezy, but the nails on the board are those animations/transitions. Just wait for Borderfoxe's link to one of his slideshows, then you will understand.

Edit: We are talking about overall presentation, not about pictures. Presentation can completely destroy or degrade quality of the imagery itself. Not only in presentations, but also by means of framing, page layout and typography (not to mention watermarks).

what was wrong with the presentation? the images were very abstract, peculiar and futuristic. the music suited the presentation and the presetation suited the images. i'd like to see what everyone here calls a nice slide show.

Here is demo of one excellent product. Just wait for some links.

slower with uninteresting music. the subject content didn't appeal to me, so maybe i should wait for another link?

• Advertisement

It seems that we are talking about different things. I give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

first one - oh for the love of god no :eek: too many jerky transitions and titles flying about like midges round a lake. tbh itlooks like something someone did the first day they got editing software - you throw every effect your software has at it cause - well - they're there. we've all done it!!!!

but for me as a viewer it's painful to watch. with still images the simpler the better - the animoto ones are a lot better, although personally i'm not a fan of the whole ''split the image into 3.... and put it back together again'' thing. if i see a slideshow like that on a photograhy website i usually skip it. after doing a short documentary course recently with a tutor who lived in editing suites most of his career there's only 3 transitions i can tolerate now - fade in from black/white - fade/dissolve between - and fade out to black/white :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

1st one's like sitting on a busy bus beside someone with ADHD and the other is like a warm fart from Rachael Allen.

I don't know much about these montages but I am interested. Is there a middle ground? Or maybe not a middle ground as such but something that shows a number of pics but in a good way and (only maybe)with music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Reminds me of powerpoint presentations with fancy transitions that distract from the content. Gimmicks amuse once and after that they're increasingly annoying. Seems these productions do more to market the gimmick provider than showcase the photos...

ThOnda wrote: »
    It seems that we are talking about different things. I give up.

you are on about how the images are presentated? how they appear/disappear and the music to back it up. with your link the transitions and the images suited each other and wasn't badly done, but the music was pretentious. i certainly prefer the OPs link and i even had a look at the redbubble website - so it (gimmicks?) worked on me.
    humberklog wrote: »
    ... a warm fart from Rachael Allen....
    are you suggesting that she could pull a dutch oven? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I like simple slideshows like this, it gives me an idea of the person's photography, and I can then go check them out better.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-75uRHYHWE

Saves me clicking, so lazy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I like this one (well the bits with the photos)

Advertisement