Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argan Oil - anyone know where to buy?

• 21-08-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Based in Cork, and any help appreciated. Even a supplier for the Moroccan Oil would be helpful.

Thanks.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 karl116

I purchased Pure Morroccan Argan Oil from Edenallure.com... about 30 quid for a smallish bottle??

I find it crap though! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I got some in Morocco a few years ago and really liked it. The place I got it also sells it online - http://tifaouine-argane.com/web/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

Very good prices here: www.organicarganoil.co.uk, you can pay in euros too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

HQHair do it and I think I saw it in Toni and Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I saw tubes of argan oil at the till in penneys a few weeks ago. Now they were relatively small and I didn't notice the price but might be worth checking out. Penneys are usually cheap and cheerful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

kandr10 wrote: »
    I saw tubes of argan oil at the till in penneys a few weeks ago. Now they were relatively small and I didn't notice the price but might be worth checking out. Penneys are usually cheap and cheerful!

They're €2.50 and really good, have switched over from the Moroccan Oil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

You can buy it in most health food shops, and a few chemists have it, bought some recently in nourish in nutgrove for 14 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Chemss wrote: »
    They are full of chimical stuff, you cant compare pure argan oil with this. See arganireland.com for cheap and good quality stuff!

Could you elaborate on the chemical stuff? What's the benefit of your product compared with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

50ml, they have a bigger bottle for around 20 euro, no chemicals in either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

boots sell pure argan oil (it's with the shampoos & stuff) & here's a link to a recent post on beaut.ie about an irish site selling pure argan oil which I'm planning on looking into when my moroccan oil's used up
    http://beaut.ie/blog/2011/bearna-natural-care-argan-oil-affordable-irish-organic-effective/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I prefer my moroccan oil to pure Argan oil. I've only tried the pure oil a few times and it's possible that I used too much so i'll try it a few more times before I make my mind up.

I have both the Morrocanoil brand and a different one called Argan secret which I got for around €15 in Sallys.

I bought the pure Argan oil from Amazon, shipping was around £5.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Argan-Oil-Organic-100ml-Nails/dp/B004LYL4F6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324249832&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

A few hair salons and places like Penneys and Boots will have them but they will be specifically for hair-use. If you want normal oil you can get it in health foods shops or the Quay Co-op (Sullivan's quay or Ballincollig (think there might be one in Carrigaline too) can order it in for you, I think they quotes it at about 15e for me but I never pursued it in the end. Hope this helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

wapo would you like to point us in the direction of certified organic argan oil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BeautySecret

Hi all,

I bought some on naturalcare.ie sometimes ago, about 14€ for 60ml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

I bought the moroccan oil a while ago & its not cheap - €35 or 40 for the bottle - and personally I didn't have any results with it whatsoever - I know some people who rave about it so I think it depends on your hair. At the time I would have bought a cheaper argan oil if I could have found one but couldn't (they are basically the same oil). Boots have loads of alternatives for reasonable prices - and i saw a bottle the other day in Aldi would you believe - I think it was under a fiver - its a small bottle - but worth a shot. I've recently bought an organix brazilian keratin therapy anti-breakage serum - which suits my hair perfectly - notice the difference instantly and cost about a tenner. I think with products its all trial and error till you find what works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭careful_now

I spotted it here recently:

http://www.flair.ie/search.php

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

I purchased some from Ebay for cheap enough. I don't find it very good. The Moroccan Oil is more expensive but worth it if you have the extra cash to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

It's in Aldi today - http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_21190.htm

Would it be worth trying for that price do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

buzz55 wrote: »
    It's in Aldi today - http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_21190.htm

To Would it be worth trying for that price do you think?

To be honest I had planned to buy loads from aldi but my friend bought me the tiny tubes in penneys(18ml) and I have say it is by far the best I have tried (apart from Moroccan oil). I have tried orofluido, the kerastase one and the tan organic oil(which was by far the worse, two words Grease Ball!!) I think oil in penneys is only €2.50. My hair is highlighted, dry, naturally curly and straightened every day! I have used the penneys oil twice and defo feel the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

+1 for the little tubes of hask argan oil in penneys. I discovered this stuff last year and was delighted to see it come into stock in penneys.
    I bought pure argan oil on eBay, it was quiet cheap, but I prefer penneys one for my hair. I do however use the pure argan oil on my skin as a moisturizer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

All these products, including Moroccanoil, the stuff sold in Aldi and Penneys are NOT argan oil.

They're products that are filled with chemicals and have only a tiny amount of argan oil in them.

If you're looking for pure Argan Oil, certified organic, then get it here:

www.organicarganoil.eu

It's less than €10 for 50ml including delivery. That's the best price you'll find for pure Argan Oil, which is much more natural than these artificial products.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

All these products, including Moroccanoil, the stuff sold in Aldi and Penneys are NOT argan oil.

They're products that are filled with chemicals and have only a tiny amount of argan oil in them.

If you're looking for pure Argan Oil, certified organic, then get it here:

www.organicarganoil.eu

It's less than €10 for 50ml including delivery. That's the best price you'll find for pure Argan Oil, which is much more natural than these artificial products.
    Yeah I have 100% argan oil, I just much prefer the penneys stuff! Obviously I know it's not natural oil and has chemicals, but it just works so much better for my hair!

Advertisement