Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Question!

Options
  • 21-08-2010 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I heard you get a student id card when you go to ucd? Does this have your age on it and how long does it take to get it ?:D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No age on it. You get it immediately. They take your picture and print it on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

think your age is on the card if you are under 18 other than that its not on it

when i got my student card in first year i was under 18 so my age was printed on it

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭n2o

cozzie55 wrote: »
    think your age is on the card if you are under 18 other than that its not on it

when i got my student card in first year i was under 18 so my age was printed on it

Nail varnish remover quickly sorts that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

n2o wrote: »
    Nail varnish remover quickly sorts that out!

It's not the best way, I tried it and it doesn't work that well. I ended up gently scraping off the age with a stanley knife blade, worked like a charm.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

El Siglo wrote: »
    It's not the best way, I tried it and it doesn't work that well. I ended up gently scraping off the age with a stanley knife blade, worked like a charm.:D

There are other differences with the cards for under 18s. Most people that need to know (bouncers etc) will be able to tell them apart despite the age being scraped off. That is if they actually care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

There are other differences with the cards for under 18s. Most people that need to know (bouncers etc) will be able to tell them apart despite the age being scraped off. That is if they actually care.

And that they do not, unless of course it's Republic of Loose gig...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

El Siglo wrote: »
    And that they do not, unless of course it's Republic of Loose gig...;)

Because they are SOOOO rare and always jam packed :D:D

They'd only think about enforcing the age thing with a student card if the bars were packed well beyond capacity on the last day of term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andrewt

Be careful ordering drinks in the Student Bar if you've removed the date of birth on a card, one of my friends got his card confiscated by a barman. This was during the day, not especially busy. There are holographic keys in the background that he rubbed out at the same time as the date, very obvious if you look closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Might as well keep my random question in a ready made random question thread:
    Is there anyone in ents that you can keep annoying and suggesting good gigs to? Or might they already have this sorted out at this stage?
    Need to get bands like the redneck manifesto back instead of the bleedin' venga boys or whoever.

Advertisement