Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IOP and Irish Forestry Photo Competition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Well, before we get into the "they're all woeful and the world hates me" type of posting which may be inevitable in these situations :), I actually like the entries to this and as a body of work in a competition I think they are what you rarely see these days particularly in competitions - photographs. Yeah, mostly without being pushed through lightroom presets, a gazillion layers of HDR, selective colouring applied, the saturations blasted into outer space, etc.. I am just as guilty as everyone else on the foregoing so fair play to all entries. Not saying that a competition with purely crazy processed pictures is a bad idea either, but it is different. Yeah, I like them anyway. Well done to all involved.

(We should actually do a thread or a challenge for boards for purely out of camera with no fancy processing.)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

They just seem so ... dull.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Nice light and simple selection there. Good on the panel, oddly for all the uncomplicated lightness of the images it shows quite a bit of boldness by the the judges in these heady days where the sharpmeister appears to rule the roost.

Lovely and simple...viva photography.

Advertisement