Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live must suit IFSC and NUI Maynooth??

Options
  • 22-08-2010 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I will be working near the IFSC and my boyfriend will be studying in Maynooth. I must be in work for 7am. Can anyone advise somewhere that would suit both of us!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Connolly station goes to Maynooth so around the IFSC if you have to be in work so early. Anywhere in the middle would be a nightmare for both of you as if he lived in say, Lucan, he'd have to get the bus to Maynooth and it takes forever.
    And you getting across town to IFSC would be nuts.

Just factor in the train ticket prices so you know you can afford that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd second living somewhere close to the IFSC. Monthly adult commuter tickets to Maynooth are about €100, or you can buy an annual one for €1000 (just don't lose it!). If he's a student there may be cheaper student commuter tickets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You are looking at living in the City Centre and walking to work in the IFSC- if you are certain that you have to be in work by 7AM (as the first commuter train from the opposite direction doesn't reach Connolly until exactly 7AM). If it were 7.30AM- it would be a different story.

Personally- I'd far rather live somewhere like Maynooth (a lively university town) than I would in Dublin city centre- but its a personal choice, I'm sure others would disagree.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 janeybriggs

thanks for the info, as far as I can tell my only option is being on the red line of the luas and the only place that makes sense for him is on the dart line to Maynooth so around connolly seems to be best.....what areas should I be looking at on daft? I've looked at apartments around IFSC, but they are pretty pricey?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

East Wall or some other parts of Dublin 3 like North Strand might work for you. Anywhere in Dublin 1 might be ok. There will be a bit of a walk or a Dublin Bike ride in the morning, but you pays your money and you make your choice.

Anywhere on the Red Line as far as Heuston or maybe Fatima Mansions would be ok, if your boyfriend doesn't mind the extra time it takes to take the Luas down there. But I doubt you will find anything an awful lot cheaper in that area.

Apartments in the area you are after might look expensive and they are, but bear in mind that you are avoiding having to buy a commuter ticket to get to work and that is worth between 500 and 1000 euros a year depending on your tax status.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maynooth isn't a bad place to live.
    Rent would be cheaper then town and you could get a tax saver commuter ticket through work www.taxsaver.ie
    Somewhere like Ashtown or anywhere on the Maynooth train line should suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

The clarion quay apartments are nice, and close to conolly.

Advertisement