If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD player/recorder with a "random selection" button?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a DVD player or recorder - preferably the latter- that has some kind of random button that you'd press that would a random Title/Chapter selection. The reason I want this is to bypass these damned forced warnings and trailers you get on DVDs.

I had a Hitachi DVD player I bought in 2001 that did me many years service and this had a random button which was perfect for this purpose.

I've also seen something similarly useful on a DVD player called "Deccavideo". It was some type of "Disc navigation" where it'd show you all of the titles on the disc allowing you to just select the movie or whatever it was you were wanting to watch, without having to sit through forced warnings and trailers.

Have ye got something that would suit me?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Butch Cassidy.

Just a quick post to let you know that I am looking in to this for you.

At the moment we do not have any stock of a unit which has this function but I am double checking over this in case that I am incorrect.

I'll be back in touch soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Cheers. Have you come across these? I've a very bad feeling they're a bitch to find. I'm refusing to buy a DVD player until I can get one with this. Sick to the high heavens with forced trailers, warnings and various nonsense.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.