Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mildew on hedge leaves

Options
  • 22-08-2010 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I have a Viburnum (sp?) hedge that has developed in the last few weeks a lot of mildew on it's leaves. A neighbour advised me to treat it with a solution of water and washing-up liquid - I have sprayed this on it twice but it has had absolutely nil effect.
    Any suggestions as to how to get rid of the mildew ?

Also , the hedge itself in humid conditions gives off quite a bad smell . What causes it and anything to be done to reduce it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes. I have a shrub that usually is no trouble, and it has mildew just on a couple of sprays of leaves. I was intending to give it a spray of Roseclear (which has a mildew ingredient) and I forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me. I noticed that there was a lot of the mildew on the ground immediately under the leaves, which is also unusual.

Advertisement