Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White 'Mould' on timber?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Not sure if this really falls under 'woodcraft' but ive just erected a timber fence with shiplap boards. Some of the boards have like a white mould on them-they're sort of in little dots. Is there any sort of product out there to remove this without sanding? The sanding seems a bit harsh on it and i don't want to change the shade of the timber too much and also i tried sanding a small bit but it just seems to spread the white 'dots' into a blotchy patch rather than remove it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] it's dry rot
    either bring it back to where you got the fence panels and demand a replacement

or
    Apply Boron powder in water by spray to timber

or any kind or dry rot treatment

[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

Hmmm...not good so. The timber is actually tongue and groove and already cut and fitted! I thought it was harmless enough! :o I might have to try the treatment route so.
    Thanks reverndave.

Advertisement