Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-mail problems with new PC

• 22-08-2010 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

For many years I had a PC running Windows 98, and a dial-up connection to the internet using eircom.

I recently bough a new PC (Windows 7) and also got O2 mobile broadband.

When I switched on the PC I was taken through the initial set-up procedures, including connection to the internet. I answered all the questions as best I could.

I made Outlook my default e-mail.

I now find I can receive e-mails from my eircom account without any problem, but I can't send e-mails. When I try, I get a message like:
    Server error: Blacklisted by Spamhaus

Anyone able to help with this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

I made Outlook my default e-mail.

I now find I can receive e-mails from my eircom account without any problem, but I can't send e-mails. When I try, I get a message like:
    Server error: Blacklisted by Spamhaus

What have you setup in Outlook for your SMTP (e.e. outgoing) e-mail server? Normally with Eircom you'd use mail1.eircom.net or something similar.

Also what's the full & exact error message? Post a screenshot if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

Hi you need to change your outgoing mail server i got the same message on my email i changed my eircom outgoing server to mail.iol.ie and it worked straight away hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Actually you will need to change your outgoing
    SMTP server: to
    smtp.o2.ie
    which is the correct setting for O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pantechnicon

Changing the outgoing SMTP server to smtp.o2.ie has solved the problem. Many thanks!

Advertisement