Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3yr old insisting on the impossible.... help!!

Options
  • 22-08-2010 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My little girl is 3 and a half and insists santa will bring her a pink tractor this year. She has told everyone and is constantly drawing pictures of pink tractrs (not much of an artist yet but thats what she tells me they are lol)
    The problem is i cannot find any apart from an expensive aluminium one but thats not the one she wants. She wants a pedal one like you normally get in green. Im just wondering if any of you know where id get one or if it is possible to spray one pink....my friend said he would take it apart and spray it but i cant afford to buy another if it goes wrong :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I remember when I was 4 and all I wanted for Xmas was Puppets (Don't remember why but i did) and i didn't get them. But I had loads other stuff and asked for them again next year and got them. And played with them for about 5 mins and then got bored :) I know it seems like the be all and end all, but don't worry about it so much.

Also, if you buy a green tractor and go to a hardware shop, I'm sure they'll know exactly what you need to paint it properly and get it pink. I can't imagine it being a hugely difficult task?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Tell her a green tractor is John Deere and they are the best tractors around :cool:

Never mind your Massy is classy, Zeter is better talk.
    A green tractor and some free John Deere stickers from your farming supplies or tractor dealers would be awesome

Realy though, next month she will be after something else.
    And once the Late Late toy show is screened she'll probably change her mind again.

Painting it won't be difficult, as said ask in a hardware store and they'll know what you need to paint plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What's your budget range? (ish...I mean you don't have to be too specific). They do exist like you say. I'd say that if you properly prime and spray a new toy tractor it should work a treat but it wont be cheap either. Has your friend got any experience doing this?

edit: there's a farming and forestry forum (under the soc category) too. I'm guessing the kids of farmers are probably very fond of farming toys so it might be worth posting in there too.

edit: A bit of a google throws up this for semi-reasonable money:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Bikes-and-Rideons/Pedal-Powered/Tractors/The-Big-Pink-Tractor-And-Trailor%280076744%29?aw_link=aw&cm_mmc=Affiliate%2fAwin-_-76776-_-Text-_-DeepLink

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I insisted on a pink tractor when I was 3, and Santa was going to bring it cause I was the best girl ever. This was 28 years ago, so definitely none around then. What santa brought me was a green tractor, a red trailer and stickers, lots and lots of stickers!!!!! Seems I spent days decorating the tractor(with paper stickers that fell off) but I was delighted. Tractor is still sitting in my granny's shed-my own daughter is more obsessed with musical instruments and houses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Do you know anyone in the north or the UK? Tesco direct are doing this tractor for a reasonable price:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-8036.aspx

But you have to get it delivered to a UK address so may not be any good to you. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Ring Findel ed and ask them to send out info on out door toys. I am sure a pink was was in one of the books. If you cant find the number PM me.

We had a kid a couple of years ago who nted a white and purple car. Mum could not get it but one of the staff suggested to the mum to get lots of while and purple netting and wrap it in that with purple and while ribbons and santa left a note saying the Elfs ran out of Purple and while paint. It really went down a treat. Another girl wanted a gold bike but got a pink one with gold ribbons and was as happy as larry.

Dont think the colour will matter on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

She may well have forgotten all about it by the time Christmas comes around.

Also, if you can't manage it, no need to be too hard on yourself. Worse things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

My daugther is 4 next week and since Christmas has been insisting she wants not one but a family of ponies - such is the way she has seen. I have reasoned about stables, holidays, food etc - no it ended in tears.
    I am a single mum starting my own business
    Now we have had a big chat about "owning a horse when you are seven"
    It's not perfect but I have 3 years grace....

the idea of lying to children used to be horrendous but sometimes you need silence....

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

We used to 'ask' Santa for something, and were always told that he might bring us stuff. Kids these days seem to be 'getting' rather than asking!

Anyway besides the point, if she still wants this and you can't locate it - how about after she sends Santa her letter, get 'Santa' to leave a letter with the green tractor or whatever you can get to say that the elves didn't have time to make a pink one but he choose this one instead and get some pink stickers or a pink hat for it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

A friend at work's son wanted something impossible last year.

He had a cat that used to run up a tree in the garden. The kid asked Santy for a suit with cat claws so he could go up the tree the same way! Everyone tried reasoning with him but he kept saying "Santy is Magic!"

I went on maternity before Christmas so I have no idea how it turned out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't think Santa ever gave me anything on my Christmas wish list...I don't remember ever being really upset by it either.

I think once your child gets something that should be enough, sorry if that offends anyone but I wouldn't go to the ends of the earth to get something my child wanted just to make them happy, not if I could get something else just as fun, entertaining etc

I'm sure the spray paint will work ( she's probably not going to notice it at the age of three ) but is it really worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 funmum

Hey all thanks a lot for all your replys....i have ordered the pink rolly tractor in tesco direct and getting it sent to a family member in the north. it was a bargain at 50 pound and i felt great when i clicked the buy button cos i had a big chat with her the ther day abut all the children in the world and how santy would be tierd and might not be able to make the tractor pink because he usually only makes green ones. she had kinda accepted this and now i think she will be so much more excited christmas morning!!
    Alot of you suggested she wouldn mind what she got but only last year she asked for a moxie girl doll.... we had already gotten her the dolls house she asked for and had no idea what the moxie girl thing was so thinking she would be happy enough we left it out....well christmas morning was great until she searched for the moxie girl and ended up crying that she was a good girl and santy still didn get it lol. The dolls house cost a whopping 250 euro and it sits in her room gathering dust cos she only played with it a handful of times so maybe she was too young for such an expensive one but i really liked it :P so insisted we had to get it.
    Well thanks again now i have to find a horse box trailer and a pink pony and a pink kitchen but im sure smyths will have some if not all of them and plenty of time:)

Advertisement