Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs. Manchester United

• 22-08-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

4:00

Sky Sports

---

Rooney is out it seems, will be interesting to see what Fergie does, but I'd expect three in the middle, with Berbatov on his own up front initially.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Where are the fancy pics and stuff?!

This should be left to Baz to be honest! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

mars bar wrote: »
    Where are the fancy pics and stuff?!

This should be left to Baz to be honest! :P

I fully agree :) It's just that the match is in four hours :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Thread fail.:P
    :pac:

I was gonna start it last night, but I decided I was too drunk.:D

I would like to see:
    VDS
    JO'S
    Vidic----Evans
    Evra
    Valencia--Fletcher--Carrick--Nani
    Berba
    Chico

Maybe Smalling in for Evans, I'd like to see how he'd cope in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Is rooney definitely out?
    If he is i'd like to see Chico get a run, switching later for Owen/Macheda to give them some minutes;
    Tough place for us to go to the last few years, expect a close enough game to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

b_55.pngVs b_12.png

Fulham vs Manchester United

Barclays Premier League
    22nd Aug 2010 KO 16:00
    Ground: Craven Cottage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sky just confirmed that Rooney didn't travel.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Valencia will start ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Rooney out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sorry but it has to be said. That Chicharito name is awful, I keep thinking ladyboy:pac:

Hernandez looks like he could be a huge star in the EPL but that name is gonna be used a lot for him. I think it was an awful idea to give him that shirt given that he does look a bit effeminate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm sorry but it has to be said. That Chicharito name is awful, I keep thinking ladyboy:pac:

Hernandez looks like he could be a huge star in the EPL but that name is gonna be used a lot for him. I think it was an awful idea to give him that shirt given that he does look a bit effeminate.

Just wondering how many will actually know what that means :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

His name has no bearing on his ability or performance.

I don't see how you're linking Chicharito with ladyboy, unless you're pronouncing the second 'ch' as a 'k' sound.
    Just wondering how many will actually know what that means

wtf?:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

#15 wrote: »
    His name has no bearing on his ability or performance.

I don't see how you're linking Chicharito with ladyboy, unless you're pronouncing the second 'ch' as a 'k' sound.

wtf?:confused:

chikarito? how else is it pronounced?

lordgoat wrote: »

Chicharito!

How else?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

In Spanish, words ending in "o" signify masculine nouns. Words ending in "a" are the female version.

Other nicknames of Spanish speaking footballers include: El Piojo - (Claudio Lopez), El Nino (Torres) and El Payaso (Aimar).

Regarding him apparently looking a bit effeminate, perhaps it's something best discussed anonymously on the Personal Issues forum. ;)

Mezcita wrote: »

Regarding him apparently looking a bit effeminate, perhaps it's something best discussed anonymously on the Personal Issues forum. ;)

ROFL

brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

lordgoat wrote: »

The second play button.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

My ignorance has been resolved! ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Utd team: VDS, O'Shea, Evans, Vida, Evra. Park, Fletch, Scholes, Valencia. Berba, Chicha.

Subs. Owen, Giggs, Smalling, Carrick, Nani, Rafa, Koos.

Ugh, Park.

Mezcita wrote: »
    In Spanish, words ending in "o" signify masculine nouns. Words ending in "a" are the female version.

Other nicknames of Spanish speaking footballers include: El Piojo - (Claudio Lopez), El Nino (Torres) and El Payaso (Aimar).

Yeah but your average EPL fan doesn't know that, or at least doesn't care. He will just see and player that looks a bit girly and see chic and thats whats gonna happen.

Listen I have nothing against the lad, I'm just pointing out that imo they should have put Hernandez on his shirt.

Yeah but your average EPL fan doesn't know that, or at least doesn't care. He will just see and player that looks a bit girly and see chic and thats whats gonna happen.

Listen I have nothing against the lad, I'm just pointing out that imo they should have put Hernandez on his shirt.

he wanted chichartio on the jersey, so he gets it. not a big deal at all.

• Advertisement

Utd team: VDS, O'Shea, Evans, Vida, Evra. Park, Fletch, Scholes, Valencia. Berba, Chicha.

Subs. Owen, Giggs, Smalling, Carrick, Nani, Rafa, Koos.

Ugh, Park.

Park on the left? Strange one.

I do like Park, but I'd have preferred Nani.

The first one sounds like a pure Dub!:D

he wanted chichartio on the jersey, so he gets it. not a big deal at all.

It actually is - Martin Tyler was talking about it and said nicknames are not suppose to be allowed on shirts in the premier league and that it had to be the name in your passport apparently. Not sure if he got some sort of special dispensation or else the epl have now changed the rules. If they did change them then Tyler hadnt heard about it and that chap is usually an encyclopedia.

It's all about deception! He looks friendly, but he'll terrorise defenses.

I prefer Hernandez myself but I can understand why he would want it on his jersey...

redout wrote: »
    It actually is - Martin Tyler was talking about it and said nicknames are not suppose to be allowed on shirts in the premier league and that it had to be the name in your passport apparently. Not sure if he got some sort of special dispensation or else the epl have now changed the rules. If they did change them then Tyler hadnt heard about it and that chap is usually an encyclopedia.

Well Nani is a nickname, as is Bebe so I presume that rule is out the window.

so i suppose Benitez had "chu cho" in his passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

When Fabragas wanted Cesc on his jersey I remember hearing something about Brazilians being allowed some exemption or other so they could have their nickname, maybe Mexicans get it too. And the Portuguese. And maybe someone on tv was talking out of their ass.

Well Nani is a nickname, as is Bebe so I presume that rule is out the window.
    so i suppose Benitez had "chu cho" in his passport.

Hey I'm just telling you what he said recently.

Also, we've had Robinho.

• Advertisement

Hey I'm just telling you what he said recently.

No, you are saying it is a big deal. what the hell is the big deal if other players have had their nicknames on the jerseys before?

I'd say it has something to do with the length of the names. Even though Chicharito isn't any shorter than Hernandez!

No, you are saying it is a big deal. what the hell is the big deal if other players have had their nicknames on the jerseys before?

He said it wasnt allowed as far as he was aware and Martin Tyler has always been a reliable source in my opinion. One of the few commentators who you could actually say that about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Park on the left? Strange one.

I do like Park, but I'd have preferred Nani.

Well it's good to see Fergie playing 442 away from home. I think he's compensating slightly for playing two up front by playing the more workman like, but more defensively aware Park over the more attack minded Nani.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm going for a 6-0 Utd!!

Everyone else seems to be doing it this weekend :D

adox wrote: »
    Well it's good to see Fergie playing 442 away from home. I think he's compensating slightly for playing two up front by playing the more workman like, but more defensively aware Park over the more attack minded Nani.

Good point.

• Advertisement

He said it wasnt allowed as far as he was aware and Martin Tyler has always been a reliable source in my opinion. One of the few commentators who you could actually say that about.

so if it is not allowed how have we had Nani, Chu Cho, Deco and Robinho on the back of jerseys.

Tyler is clearly wrong on this, there have been a decent number of examples, and there are probably more.

so if it is not allowed how have we had Nani, Chu Cho, Deco and Robinho on the back of jerseys.

Tyler is clearly wrong on this, there have been a decent number of examples, and there are probably more.

Well nobody seems to know for sure if he is actually wrong.

I would say he is not in my opinion as he usually knows his stuff.

I can think of Juninho back in the mid 90s.

No way the rules were changed about 15 years ago and he is not aware of it would be my opinion.

There could be a special dispensation in certain cases I would bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

If hes not injured id say it must be frusrating being Gibson, hes not even on the bench im not suprised myself as i think Carrick deserves to be there ahead of him but surely he must be thinking of getting more game time with another club like west brom or someone

Watch out for Dembele being sprung from the bench if its a tight game. Lots of good reports about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Apprently, the "rule" "law" is it must be on your passport.

Maybe it's on his :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Is anyone watching YES on sopcast on 6816 and is there music still playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Nemanja91 wrote: »

Yeah I am and its still playing TMF altough I must admit im liking the music :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Nemanja91 wrote: »

Yeah, it's still on, there used to be much better music on the start of last season, and the season before.

Edit: On the subject of YES, it was about 2 minutes or so behind live for the Newcastle game, so reading the thread may ruin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Any result over 3-3 (i.e. 4-0, 5-1, 5-0, 6-0) is 9/1 with Betfair. Might be worth a punt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Come on chico! :) 2-1 utd

Vida should have decked the ref for pushing him out of the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Ah bless him!! Chico praying

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Ah bless him!! Chico praying

He must have missed 12 0 clock mass!

BOOM!
    150!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Top drawer from Scholes:D

• Advertisement