Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs. Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

This weekend has to be a record goalscoring weekend surely? 35 goals so far, crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I find it funny that people talk about United being lucky or jammy, and yet Fulham's first goal should have been ruled out for offside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

On the balance of play that was probably fair

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Well deserved point for Fulham. Will be tough for anyone to beat at the Cottage. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

what happened please since just after the ref gave a penalty thunder just turned my sky off?

Nani missed the penalty. Then Fulham went up the other end and equalised.

Fair result I think. Fulham unlucky not to have been given the pen but then I think had they been United would have gotten the second at least and maybe gone on to win it.

Looks like the cottage will be a tough place to go this season again.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

titan18 wrote: »
    I find it funny that people talk about United being lucky or jammy, and yet Fulham's first goal should have been ruled out for offside

Think you're wrong there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Andy explained it already. He wasn't offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No it shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

redout wrote: »
    Giggs should have taken the peno.

I'm absolutely baffled as to why he didn't. He scored a couple at the back end of last season (including two in one game against Spurs). Bizarre decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well deserved point from Fulham, and easily could have won it considering that they had a definite penalty not given.

Really disappointing from United, very few players come out of that game with praise bar maybe VDS. Vidic at fault for the second goal, Evra at fault for the first. Evans was dodgy overall. Scholes scored a nice goal, but in general his touch and passing was poor, and was clearly exhausted as the game went on. Fletcher had quite a quiet game, and let the game pass him by. Berbatov did ok, nothing special, nice set up for the goal, but overall wasn't his best. Hernandez did poorly imo. Owen was barely noticed. Park and Valencia the same. Nani did well when he came on, but missed the penalty which coulda won us the game. However to focus on him is silly, especially since it shouldn't have been a peno. All in all, poor performances all around.

2 points and 7 goals behind Chelsea now. Fergie realise your mistake and get a bloody central midfielder in, otherwise we're in trouble.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Andy explained it already. He wasn't offside.

Evans was off the field of play though, and I wasn't watching Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No it should not have, he did not get permission to leave the pitch and only ran off, if that were the way the game was played people would just sit on the goalline and jump off the pitch when the ball came over the top, catching a player offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Evans was off the pitch by choice, he's still active I think.

Fulham had a stonewall penalty denied as well. Vidic was pulling the shirt off Zamora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

maybe if evans didn't play for utd then it would have been :p

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

What a terrible result today.
    Nani should be shamed of himself.
    Chelsea look like making a good inroads into an early season lead.
    Sickening to be playing catch up already.

Glazers Out!

Evans was off the field of play though, and I wasn't watching Sky

Something about not having the referee's permission to leave the field of play so therefore he was still active.

Johner wrote: »

Fulham had a stonewall penalty denied as well. Vidic was pulling the shirt off Zamora.

It was not Zamora but apart from that spot on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Eh no it shouldnt....as Andy Gray said once you walk off the pitch your still active unless given permission by the ref so Evans played him on. Fulham should have had a penalty and united shouldnt, utd scored an own goal thats your luck. Utd should have lost

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

Fulham had a stonewall penalty denied as well. Vidic was pulling the shirt off ZamoraDembele.

FYP. Racist.:P

Ok,I just checked it out, and it's a rule that was only clarified this year.If it happened last year,it'd be offside.Damn :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Usual Craven Cottage performance, at least we got a point this time. First Dublin now this, bad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It was not Zamora but apart from that spot on :)

Oh was it not? Woops. :o Unreal game though I must say I enjoyed it very much.

I have quite the bad feeling that we'll be looking back on that in anger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have to say I was really impressed by Dembele today, looks a great buy.

Why did he take the penno? Giggs should have, or Owen.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

No it should not have, he did not get permission to leave the pitch and only ran off, if that were the way the game was played people would just sit on the goalline and jump off the pitch when the ball came over the top, catching a player offside.

Still havent got an apology there mr mod. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

For me Evans is not up to it, very poor defending & he looks sluggish in bread & butter situations.

Berba - What was he doing for the equalizer??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm absolutely baffled as to why he didn't. He scored a couple at the back end of last season (including two in one game against Spurs). Bizarre decision.

There just seems to be some absolute brainfart in the United team when a free kick or penalty goes Uniteds way.

I can't think (and am not inviting anyone to show me) of any time Nani actually hit a half decent free kick or scored a penalty in normal play. Also his corners are, save one in six or seven, are crap. Anything he strikes hits either the wall or the first man, or as seen today, the goalkeeper.

Never let him near a dead-ball should be the lesson from today. Cost the team a win. (Although on the balance, a draw was probably a fair result)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Exciting game but very disappointing from a United point of view. All over the place at times at the back. Both wide men looked very leggy. Probably the worst I have seen of Valencia in a United shirt and Park, well his main asset is his energy and it wasn't there today.

Fulham fully deserved at least a point. The peno was a joke tbf. Thye created as many chances as United I'd say.

Wouldn't read into the points situation vs Chelsea as it's so early but there it does sort of make you think that United can challenge for the title but rally can't expect to be contenders for the champions league.

Oh yeah, how the **** was it not a peno for Fulham with the Vidic challenge. He was poor by his standards today.

So disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Evans didn't cover himself in glory today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A fair result.

As regards Schwartzer, well it looks to me like they have an excellent replacement there if he goes to Arsenal. Never a peno for Duffs handball, no way he meant that so its good to see that he missed it. United were poor but Etuhu was superb for Fulham and was the main reason why Scholes didn't run the game like he did last week.

The United defense was shocking today and I think I'd put it all on Evans, he got lost so many times and thats gonna cause other players to be out of position.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Still havent got an apology there mr mod. ;)
    For what, you were dead wrong and remain dead wrong, that was never a pen and if red tinted glasses are not the reason then I apologise. You just must not understand the game at all. Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

History repeating itself. Utd missed a penalty in the second game last season that had a big outcome on the final result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

Was in work guys so missed the game, was a peno missed? Not a great result...What is it about Craven Cottage???? Was Rooney out injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

Owen rarely takes penalties!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Devil08 wrote: »
    Was in work guys so missed the game, was a peno missed? Not a great result...What is it about Craven Cottage???? Was Rooney out injured?

He had a Virus! And Yeah Nani missed a penalty when we were 2-1 in the last couple of minutes!

Devil08 wrote: »

Nani took a shít penalty.
    Rooney had a virus.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

You just must not understand the game at all. Congratulations.

Stupid thing to be seeing from a mod.

Glazers Out!

Nemanja91 wrote: »

Disregarding the peno, for me Nani needs to buck up this season or he'll be sold.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Could have sworn I saw him bury a few for newcastle

°°°°°

History repeating itself. Utd missed a penalty in the second game last season that had a big outcome on the final result.

When you consider that Chelsea have Stoke West Ham and Blackpool in theri next three games, they could be out of sight by mid september. Although based on todays perfomance United probably won't be anywhere near them in the title race:(

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

nullzero wrote: »
    Stupid thing to be seeing from a mod.

Mods are users too. Unless we're posting as moderators we're free to express our opinions the same as anyone else.

If anyone else would like to comment then take it to the PM rather than dragging the thread off-topic

There are a few more players who are higher on that list than Nani.

Chicho had a shocker today.
    He did not look great, but he is a young lad and this was a chance for him to get a run. Experience of not winning will do him a lot of good too I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Jesus, talk about overreactions, from Utd fans and a few bitters.

It's August. Bad result, suck it up, move on.

There are a few more players who are higher on that list than Nani.

Chicho had a shocker today.

Really??, Chicho is a new player for heavens sake and will be a decent player imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

When you consider that Chelsea have Stoke West Ham and Blackpool in theri next three games, they could be out of sight by mid september. Although based on todays perfomance United probably won't be anywhere near them in the title race:(

How the **** can any team be out of sight by mid Septmeber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

They won't be out of sight, we always start off slowly and get better as the season goes on.

However it should be abundantly clear to all at this stage that the squad Ferguson has isn't as good as he seems to think it is at this point and that we need reinforcements if we're to challenge for any of the major trophies this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Disregarding the peno, for me Nani needs to buck up this season or he'll be sold.
    Buck up from what exactly? The fantastic form he finished last season with?

• Advertisement
Advertisement