Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs. Manchester United

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ush1 wrote: »
    What did I say that was sh*te. Tell me exactly?

Mexico is a different team than United though isn't it? Can be totally different for a club on a different continent.

Pretty much anything you post that has anything to do with United or it's fans.

Are you actually serious?
    If you have goal-scoring talent, youare very capable of scoring goals for any team - be that club or country.

But, don't let that stop this week's tirade, I think this could be a good'un.
    popcorn.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

ntlbell wrote: »
    your right, world cup is nothing.

Yeah, but Mexico aren't Manchester United are they? Oh, and conclusions based off players from a World Cup is a great way of rating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Yeah, but Mexico aren't Manchester United are they? Oh, and conclusions based off players from a World Cup is a great way of rating them.

What has that got to do with anything?

one could argue united have a much better/stronger squad than mexico.

he was scoring goals against some of the best defenders in the world.

again.

what's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It's very hard to see how anyone will stop Chelsea, even this early into the season.
    I heard the exact same talk 2 seasons ago when Scolari started well and all the pundits were raving about Chelsea's so called "Samba" football.It didnt take them long to unravel.
    United were hopeless today,going through the motions ,just trying to do enough to win as has so often been the case in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

United have lost to Fulham the last 2 seasons in a row at craven cottage havent they? Think there is a lot of overreaction here and maybe not enough credit being given to Fulham, who I thought were excellent. They have carried on from last year, really well organised at the back, decent midfield, and Zomora was excellent up top aswell. Every player knows what he is doing and 1-11 works really, really hard. Make no mistake they will get a lot of points against the top 6 teams this season, especially at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

who cares who they have next, everyone plays 38 games all against the same teams, it's irrelvant.

Yep. Utd starting a little slowly out of the blocks would hardly be something new. But then again:

- Fulham are strong at home, and are likely to present tough opposition for Chelsea and City;
    - A draw today means Utd are already +1 against what they earned last year;

Very ealy days.

What an awesome username!!

baz2009 wrote: »
    Pretty much anything you post that has anything to do with United or it's fans.

If you have goal-scoring talent, youare very capable of scoring goals for any team - be that club or country.

But, don't let that stop this week's tirade, I think this could be a good'un.
    popcorn.gif

"What did I say that was sh*te. Tell me exactly?"

Oh dear. Myopic? Post a nice gif though.

This is good though. How do you mean capable? There is lots and lots of strikers that scored plenty somewhere and not a sausage elsewhere.

People would be smarter to cast their assumptions at the end of the season rather than the start.

Gas how you go on about me and United though, rarely answering a point.

What has that got to do with anything?

one could argue united have a much better/stronger squad than mexico.

he was scoring goals against some of the best defenders in the world.

again.

what's your point?

The point is he may never score a competitive goal for Manchester United. What aren't you following here?

The point is he may never score a competitive goal for Manchester United. What aren't you following here?

So just so we're clear, your whole point is some kid might never score a goal in the prem.

ok.

Newsletter?

So just so we're clear, your whole point is some kid might never score a goal in the prem.

ok.

Newsletter?

Certainly seems to be news to some!
    So much so they can't get their head round it!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

We still lack that bit of craft in the final thirs since we lost ronaldo and tevez.Anyone who says otherwise is just bitter.After it went 1-1 we didnt create a single clear cut chance from open play.Lucky goal from corner and a harsh enough penalty.We are still not making enough chances,same as last season.
    Chico did well for his first start but yet again who lets us down,berbatov.He had 5 good chances to score but yet again failed to deliver.No surprise there.
    Cant see us winning the league with this squad.A transitional period for the club

Certainly seems to be news to some!
    So much so they can't get their head round it!:pac:

Sorry. I'm used to conversing with people who base their opinions some where in reality, not just random mumbo jumbo with no evidence to back it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Fulham played well and deserved a point. Nani could have wrapped the game up but it shouldnt have been a penalty.

A draw was a fair result, we were very uninspiring.

Oh, and having a go at Hernandez is pathetic. He had very little service today against a team who defended well. Having a go at Nani is also pathetic, he was dangerous off the bench and should have won us the game with his corner.

Defensively we were schooled by Bobby Zamora. O'Shea didnt track Davies for the 1st, Vidic lost his man for the 2nd.

A draw at Craven Cottage is not the end of the world. But naturally, reactions to be expected are Chelsea have scored 12 goals against two super super teams and we will be lucky to make the top 4, thus is boards.ie soccer forum.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

For what, you were dead wrong and remain dead wrong, that was never a pen and if red tinted glasses are not the reason then I apologise. You just must not understand the game at all. Congratulations.

Jesus christ man, I was jokingly asking for an apology for calling me a Utd fan.
    Ive a difference of opinion with you over the panelty fair enough, but that sort of talk is pretty petty! Congratulations! Reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anthony16 wrote: »
    Cant see us winning the league with this squad.A transitional period for the club

United will be up there. They always are.

Anthony16 wrote: »
    We still lack that bit of craft in the final thirs since we lost ronaldo and tevez.Anyone who says otherwise is just bitter.After it went 1-1 we didnt create a single clear cut chance from open play.Lucky goal from corner and a harsh enough penalty.We are still not making enough chances,same as last season.
    Chico did well for his first start but yet again who lets us down,berbatov.He had 5 good chances to score but yet again failed to deliver.No surprise there.

Think the major difference is that Nani and Valencia are more orthadox wingers.

Really poor peno though anyway.

"What did I say that was sh*te. Tell me exactly?"

Oh dear. Myopic? Post a nice gif though.
    How strange, people have stopped going on about Hernandez since it's not preseason anymore.

Thought Zamora was class today, as he was for big parts of last season.

There y'are.

This is good though. How do you mean capable? There is lots and lots of strikers that scored plenty somewhere and not a sausage elsewhere.

People would be smarter to cast their assumptions at the end of the season rather than the start.

Gas how you go on about me and United though, rarely answering a point.

Scoring against WC defences is quite an achievment - rather than the likes of Huntelaar, Afonso Alves or Benzema, to a certain extent - who scored in lower class leagues to then move to the top class leagues and not cutting it.

Gas how you're giving out about someone not making a point.:pac:

Sorry. I'm used to conversing with people who base their opinions some where in reality, not just random mumbo jumbo with no evidence to back it up.

So not a fan of the wankfest then no?

Why? If it was not team bias then thinking that the penalty decision was a correct one suggests that the person does not know the laws of the game. That is my opinion and I will stand by it. How many other people think that the pen decision was a correct one based on the laws of the game?

Law 12 clearly states that a Direct Free Kick should be awarded to the opposing team if a player handles the ball DELIBERATELY (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area.)

A penalty kick is awarded if a defending team player deliberately handles the ball inside his own penalty area (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area).

Deliberate handball means that a player intentionally moves his hand or arm towards the ball, and could have avoided touching the ball, but decided not to. It is unfairly done to prevent an opponent from gaining possession of the ball, because the perpetrator is unable to play the ball in any other way - and therefore stops or deflects the ball by the use of one, or both hands or arms, punches it, or catches it.

That flew at him, bounced off his knee and hit his had. He did not have time to move his had out of the way and never expected the ball not to be under control when he tried to take it on his knee.

So again I say, that the only excuse that I believe anybody could have for thinking that the penalty decision was a correct one was that they do not understand the game.

This coming from the guy who claimed that the reason a team didnt pass the ball around the back was because they were confident.u dont understand the game.

So not a fan of the wankfest then no?

I've just found an intersting feature on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Why? If it was not team bias then thinking that the penalty decision was a correct one suggests that the person does not know the laws of the game. That is my opinion and I will stand by it. How many other people think that the pen decision was a correct one based on the laws of the game?

Law 12 clearly states that a Direct Free Kick should be awarded to the opposing team if a player handles the ball DELIBERATELY (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area.)

A penalty kick is awarded if a defending team player deliberately handles the ball inside his own penalty area (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area).

Deliberate handball means that a player intentionally moves his hand or arm towards the ball, and could have avoided touching the ball, but decided not to. It is unfairly done to prevent an opponent from gaining possession of the ball, because the perpetrator is unable to play the ball in any other way - and therefore stops or deflects the ball by the use of one, or both hands or arms, punches it, or catches it.

That flew at him, bounced off his knee and hit his had. He did not have time to move his had out of the way and never expected the ball not to be under control when he tried to take it on his knee.

So again I say, that the only excuse that I believe anybody could have for thinking that the penalty decision was a correct one was that they do not understand the game.

Again, I was light heartedly asking for an apology for your comment about red tinted glasses. Whatever about the penalty. The sort of tripe you posted afterwards is a bit OTT though isnt it?!
    wix

Johner wrote: »
    United will be up there. They always are.

We will be therabouts but wont be winning any major trophy.Simply not creating enough chances and defensively we looked shaky again

I'd be tempted to follow you in that, but then I'd miss out on all the fun.:pac:

Scoring against WC defences is quite an achievment - rather than the likes of Huntelaar, Afonso Alves or Benzema, to a certain extent - who scored in lower class leagues to then move to the top class leagues and not cutting it.

Gas how you're giving out about someone not making a point.:pac:

Yes, fantastic, and? Doesn't mean you'll be successful at whatever club you go to.

No I wasn't "giving out".:pac: You said I was talking sh*te, I asked you where specifically I was and you haven't told me. Obviously, you're the one talking sh*te.

I'd be tempted to follow you in that, but then I'd miss out on all the fun.:pac:

1st person in 6 years.

And knowing this forum, you know what an achivient that is ;)

Nice, well thought out retort.

Yes, fantastic, and? Doesn't mean you'll be successful at whatever club you go to.

No I wasn't "giving out".:pac: You said I was talking sh*te, I asked you where specifically I was and you haven't told me. Obviously, you're the one talking sh*te.

Meh, I'll laaayve it.

Don't wanna get the thread locked, 2 game threads locked in a row might give us United fans a bad name around here.:pac:

Meh, I'll laaayve it.

Don't wanna get the thread locked, 2 game threads locked in a row might give us United fans a bad name around here.:pac:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

allybhoy wrote: »
    United have lost to Fulham the last 2 seasons in a row at craven cottage havent they? Think there is a lot of overreaction here and maybe not enough credit being given to Fulham, who I thought were excellent. They have carried on from last year, really well organised at the back, decent midfield, and Zomora was excellent up top aswell. Every player knows what he is doing and 1-11 works really, really hard. Make no mistake they will get a lot of points against the top 6 teams this season, especially at home.

But there are two arguments here. United should have wrapped up the win, whilst Fulham should and do get credit for their performance.

2-1 up with a penalty, regardless of how lucky they were to be in that position to 2-2 is shambolic. Full credit to Fulham because they kept on playing and from the first whistle to the final whistle they played very well, but considering the position United were in, to throw the win away was appalling. It should have been 3-1. It may have been undeserved, but there is no excuse for the penalty miss and the subsequent poor marking from the corner.

A team challenging for the title shouldn't give away soft points like that. And I don't say it that Fulham didnt deserve the point, just that the position United were in, they should have wrapped the game up.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

:) xxxx

:) xxxx

Talking sh*te tbh. As usual.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Having a go at Nani is also pathetic, he was dangerous off the bench and should have won us the game with his corner.

I think having a go at someone for taking a very lazy penalty and subsequently not wrapping the game up is quite justified actually.

Good save and all, but all any keeper would have to do is guess the direction. No power and awful placement equals a very lazy effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The league is Chelsea's. I've given up hope. Chicharito has been shown up for the spoofer he is and I'd be surprised if Rooney didn't leave before the end of the transfer window.

I think having a go at someone for taking a very lazy penalty and subsequently not wrapping the game up is quite justified actually.

Good save and all, but all any keeper would have to do is guess the direction. No power and awful placement equals a very lazy effort.

Agree but he actually didn't look lackadaisical in open play. Was causing problems down the right but I agree the peno looked non chalant some what.

But there are two arguments here. United should have wrapped up the win, whilst Fulham should and do get credit for their performance.

2-1 up with a penalty, regardless of how lucky they were to be in that position to 2-2 is shambolic. Full credit to Fulham because they kept on playing and from the first whistle to the final whistle they played very well, but considering the position United were in, to throw the win away was appalling. It should have been 3-1. It may have been undeserved, but there is no excuse for the penalty miss and the subsequent poor marking from the corner.

A team challenging for the title shouldn't give away soft points like that. And I don't say it that Fulham didnt deserve the point, just that the position United were in, they should have wrapped the game up.
    Ye because nobody in the history of football has ever missed a penalty :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    The league is Chelsea's. I've given up hope. Chicharito has been shown up for the spoofer he is and I'd be surprised if Rooney didn't leave before the end of the transfer window.

wtf lol

wtf lol

;)

Ye because nobody in the history of football has ever missed a penalty :rolleyes:

Well done for the mightily irrelevant post. What I said was to miss a penalty and concede a goal is quite shambolic for a team in the lead and challenging for a title. I don't remember claiming Nani was the first player to ever miss a penalty.

And also, if he's going to step up for a penalty, I'd at least expect him to hit it with some conviction. It's the exact same way as most people felt when Berbatov took a sloppy penalty last year.

Well done for the mightily irrelevant post. What I said was to miss a penalty and concede a goal is quite shambolic for a team in the lead and challenging for a title. I don't remember claiming Nani was the first player to ever miss a penalty.

And also, if he's going to step up for a penalty, I'd at least expect him to hit it with some conviction. It's the exact same way as most people felt when Berbatov took a sloppy penalty last year.

you said there was no excuse for him missing the peno, it happens, build a bridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Why didnt he do this????

• Advertisement

Such a fitting song for Nani in the video "Break your heart".:pac:

you said there was no excuse for him missing the peno, it happens, build a bridge...

I can see from your sig you're obviously one of the 4 members of the Nani fan club so any criticism you'll obviously brush off, and quite clearly get quite defensive about an awful miss.

If you step up to take a penalty, you're expected to score. If you don't, you've let your team down. End of.

If you don't fancy hearing other people's opinions or thoughts after losing a game, I suggest you refrain from message boards. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Good game , I thought a draw was a fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I love the way people are complaining about Nani taking the peno when there was others on the pitch who they think should. They obviously practice them in training and Nani is the designated taker when on the field.

Giggs/Berb/Owen etc weren't chosen as the designated peno takers for a reason obviously.

I can see from your sig you're obviously one of the 4 members of the Nani fan club so any criticism you'll obviously brush off, and quite clearly get quite defensive about an awful miss.

If you step up to take a penalty, you're expected to score. If you don't, you've let your team down. End of.

If you don't fancy hearing other people's opinions or thoughts after losing a game, I suggest you refrain from message boards. ;)

There's more than four of us, tbf.:P

I'm pissed of at him for missing the penalty, but I love him all the same.

He should do the moonwalk whenver he scores, I think.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I love the way people are complaining about Nani taking the peno when there was others on the pitch who they think should. They obviously practice them in training and Nani is the designated taker when on the field.

Giggs/Berb/Owen etc weren't chosen as the designated peno takers for a reason obviously.

Complaining because it was a lazy penalty. Poor placement, little power. It'd be different if the keeper pulled off a stunning save.
    There's more than four of us, tbf.

He should do the moonwalk whenver he scores, I think.

All is taken back if he starts celebrating like that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Complaining because it was a lazy penalty. Poor placement, little power. It'd be different if the keeper pulled off a stunning save.

That's fair enough.

But for those complaining about why Giggs/Scholes/Owen/Berb didn't take it, Nani obviously is the designated peno taker.

Frisbee wrote: »

Interesting to see if Nani will be taking anymore for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Hughes really has got Fulham well organised.

They won't be in the relegation battle, that's for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hughes really has got Fulham well organised.

They won't be in the relegation battle, that's for sure!

We're only two games in :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement