Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs. Manchester United

1234568»

Comments

A draw was a fair result today in an entertaining game.

Wtf is going on with some of the over-reactions though?

It's only two fúcking games in people - two fúcking games !!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, posters should be required to have an IQ test before being allowed entry to the soccer forum !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

They at times outsmarted and outclassed one of the 'elite' teams, while Blackpool, West Brom, Wigan meekly surrendered against others early - that isn't a good gauge for the rest of season?

You don't have to be a particularly gifted team to stay up in recent seasons. Just need a bit of team spirit and team organisation - which on today's evidence - they have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

rarnes1 wrote: »
    A draw was a fair result today in an entertaining game.

Wtf is going on with some of the over-reactions though?

It's only two fúcking games in people - two fúcking games !!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, posters should be required to have an IQ test before being allowed entry to the soccer forum !!!

Much akin to Sky Sports endless battering that Paul Scholes is the PFA player of the Year favorite for this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Balls. Balls, balls, balls and more balls. I feel better now. :)

On Nani, I don't mind if a penalty wasn't scored because of a good save. But the lack of conviction in his run up is what pisses me off. You just knew it wasn't going to be good. He should have been making sure that he was at least going to make it a job and a half for the keeper.

We looked off the pace all around the park. It just wasn't that enjoyable, well at least it wasn't for me. Except for Scholes's goal. What a beautiful goal! The guy just keeps giving!

Anyway, 36 games to go yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

People forget Fulham were last seasons Europa League finalists, it was never going to be an easy game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Great game. Fair result. On second looking it wasn't a penalty.

No complaints. Need to be more sturdy and cautious in midfield vs West Ham and Everton especially

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Fulham had 16 shots, 8 on target, United had 15 with 7 on target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was an entertaining game. The result was disappointing but fair overall. Duff didn't really get a lot of credit for his part in Fulham's goals, including the second one.

I'm a bit concerned about Evans at the back. I want him to do well but I'm still not convinced by him. I hope he can have a good season. I wasn't impressed by Hernandez and Berbatov either. Fulham did well against the pair of them. Still seems like we are very reliant on Rooney playing and I thought he was missed today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Battling display by Walton on his Man U debut, almost salvaged three points for his new club today. Well played ref.

• Advertisement

Mister men wrote: »
    Battling display by Walton on his Man U debut, almost salvaged three points for his new club today. Well played ref.

Vintage Liverpool fan trolling. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Vintage Liverpool fan trolling. :rolleyes:
    Lighten up for goodness sake. Just a bit of banter.

Frisbee wrote: »
    But for those complaining about why Giggs/Scholes/Owen/Berb didn't take it, Nani obviously is the designated peno taker.

Not sure after this interview by Fergie.

"I thought Ryan should have taken it. In the last game we played against Tottenham at home Ryan scored two penalty kicks and Nani was on the pitch the same day. Maybe Ryan should have taken it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=816783&sec=england&cc=null

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Well it was an improvement on our last 2 visits to Craven Cottage.

Advertisement