Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting London - Pregnancy Friendly Activities

• 22-08-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭

My partner is now 6 moths pregnant and is in great form with out first baby.

We're thinking about heading to the London for a few days just for a quick break as i'm sure when baby arrives we will be busy .

We have relations that we'll be visiting in South East London for a flying visit but on our own from there on.

What is worth checking out and doing that won't be to difficult on my partner?

Should I hire a car to get around? What about toilet stops?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

I lived in London for 2 years, and my wife is from London. I personally wouldn't bother with a car. The transport system is fantastic, though can be very hot on warm days. Make sure to bring water with you if you are going on the tube in the summer. Take the overground or the district line to Richmond, and go down to the river for a cycle, a walk or even hire a boat for an hour. Its really nice there.

Shopping wise, Oxford street (Oxford circus is the stop, Bakerloo line, central line) is the main high street, but its chocca blocked. Camden market (Northern line, picadilly line) is good for that retro stuff, and has alot of character. Saturday and Sunday is best for Camden.

If you like Indian Food, Bricklane (Aldgate east, district line, hammersmith and city line) is a street full of Indian and Bangladesh restaurants.

If you like eating out, one of my favourite restaurants in all my travels of any country (and there has been a few) is a place called 'Lemonia'. Its a greek restaurant in 'Primrose Hill'. Nearest station would be 'Chalk farm' wich is the northern line. Its very close to Camden, so if you decide to go to Camden, I'd highly recommend paying it a vist. Its very, very reasonable, the food and staff are fantastic. I recomend the Kleftiko Mmmmmmm:) Its also next to Primrose hill park, which has a lovely view over London from its summit (Not a high summit, and not at all a difficult walk).

Obviously there is all the shows etc too, but the above are my favourite little parts of London. Enjoy it, its a great city, though I didn't appreciate it until I lived there.

Advertisement