Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still unsure about sexuality

Options
  • 22-08-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok,so I'm 19 years old and still not entirely sure about my sexuality. I've never had any sort of a serious relationship with a girl before but have to admit there are times where I've found some guys attractive. However,I'm still unsure of what I'm supposed to do now. Should I try a relationship with a guy or something else? I know that if I was to come out that I would get full support from my mum but I might need to talk to my dad. I'm just unsure of what to do next.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Its a process of self discovery. Others here will be able to advice you better, but only you can figure out for yourself your true sexuality and it's nothing to be embarresed about or ashamed of.

Check out BelongTo or Outhouse on the net and some other organisations that I'm not really sure of at the moment for some support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ye dont have to figure it out by a certain point in life, and you dont have to tell anyone for the sake of it

If you like a person, just go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I've been straight, I've been bi, I've been gay, and now I just couldn't care less, I'll like who I like and thats the end of it. I find that labels are very stressful and it seems to me that they're not for you, they're for the people you meet. When people ask me about my sexuality and i say "sure, to be honest, I don't know" it kind of baffles them somewhat, but I'm happier not having to deal with defining myself, maybe in future i'll know better but for now, and I'm the same age as you by the way, I have to admit I don't have enough knowledge of myself to answer that question. Although recently (mostly from reading threads in this forum) I have come to the conclusion that sexuality is pretty much fluid and that in all probability most of the accepted definitions don't apply.

I'm sorry if I've just confused you but to answer your question just get on with your life. If you meet someone you like and theres the option to move forward go for it, be open to any outcome and just see where the road takes you. Maybe a bit down the road if your with a guy you like you can do the whole coming out thing, it will be a lot easier on you as well, you will know better how you feel and so it will be easier to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭esposito

Experiment with both sexes. Then it may be clearer to you. I agree with the above poster - If you realise you are gay then I would advise you to only come out to your family when you are in a relationship with a guy. It would make it a lot easier. That's what I plan to do. I'm only out to friends.

Advertisement