Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* The all nighter / waiting for CAO offers thread *

• 22-08-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

come on lads, whos staying up all night to accept their CAO offer :P I for one am, and im going to WIT at 10 in the morning fortheir "drop in week"

Besta luck :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Despite being in uni for the past three years, I normally wait to see the points. If you are luck, someone in Dublin will be kind enough to pop into the local 24 hour shop and scan the points. Last year it was about three am...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I'm staying up too.

I swear to God I've had nothing but bags under my eyes since 6th year - after 6AM Monday I'll (hopefully) be able to sleep again without any of this poxy waiting business.

I asked this in another thread but if (God forbid) you get no course, what shows up on you CAO app page? Do you get an e-mail? Someone answered this for me but was only sure about the letter you get in the post saying that you unfortunately got nothing.

Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Staying up all night for sure, starting to feel really nervous. Best of luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Last year it was about three am...

I remember it well...:rolleyes:

Am sure someone'll do the same thing again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    ... if (God forbid) you get no course, what shows up on you CAO app page?

In such an event, one would likely see something like "No Offers" on the offers page, or some such...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

and for what reason would you get no offers?
    i got 370, the course i want was 350 last year, i got all the requirements...

why would i not get this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

shblob wrote: »
    and for what reason would you get no offers?
    i got 370, the course i want was 350 last year, i got all the requirements...

why would i not get this course?
    Because your course might rise to 375 thus you not meeting minimum point requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'll probably stay up. Or I might sleep and set my alarm for 6 :P

This is my 2nd time applying to the CAO, and since I've 600 points under my belt I don't need to worry about that but I swear to God I'm more nervous this time than I was the 1st time 2 years ago. I'm absolutely convinced I've fúcked up my CAO, or forgot to send them some form (had to send off a few since I've been in college for 2 years) or got my original exam number wrong or or or or...

I just want that offer and I can relax! >_<

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

gant0 wrote: »
    Because your course might rise to 375 thus you not meeting minimum point requirements.
    So thats all that I've to worry about? It's not a relly popular couse so i should be fine. :)

shblob wrote: »
    So thats all that I've to worry about? It's not a relly popular couse so i should be fine. :)
    It's all still speculation about points rising, No one knows how much they will increase
    by yet. Good luck getting your course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'll be pulling an all nighter as well. I could barely sleep the night before the results, and I'd say there's no chance of me sleeping tonight. Especially not if there's a possibility of hearing the points a few hours early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I feel for ya'll. Im a mature student (just about!) so ive gotten and accepted my offer quite a while ago.

Best of luck hope it all works out for ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Now im getting ready to head off to work until 10pm. That will help keep my mind off it, until then.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Lookin' forward to seeing the points in the papers tomorrow, to see what we'll be aiming for next year...but I won't be staying up for it! Had to get up at 7AM yesterday and today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

jumpguy wrote: »
    Lookin' forward to seeing the points in the papers tomorrow, to see what we'll be aiming for next year...but I won't be staying up for it! Had to get up at 7AM yesterday and today.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too.
    But then again, I'm that person that always loves reading the points supplement anyways :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

There is a Tesco Extra 24 hour near me. What time would the papers be in there at would anyone know???:D

gonker wrote: »
    There is a Tesco Extra 24 hour near me. What time would the papers be in there at would anyone know???:D
    Depends, what part of the country are you in, or do you live in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

http://xat.com/LC2010PassingTime

Join it for the all night i'm tellin' ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

me too, i'm hoping business courses don't go up too much,
    when i wake up in the morning i shall be looking up the points for the one i know i'm putting down as number 1

anyways, i wish all of you waiting for offers the best of luck :D don't be stressing too much, easier said than done i know, i'll be a bag of nerves this time next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Im starting to get a little jittery now.. I was ok all the time.. I am 40points clear of my course but Arts is expected to rise (obviously!) I hope it only goes up about 20points..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

startin to get nervous there now! please someone put up the paper as early as possible!!!......i had my grad on friday and still in bits after it so need as much sleep as possible tonight before goen to another grad!!!!!!

whoever puts it up will be a friend for life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Depends, what part of the country are you in, or do you live in Dublin?

I live close enough to Dublin and I have a 24 hr Tesco near me, if someone could guarantee me a time that the papers are delivered at I'd gladly go get one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EabhaMae

I wasn't nervous until about 10 minutes ago when mum started getting nervous! >< I'm going to need a paper bag to breathe into from about 4am onwards.

LadyGaga! wrote: »
    I live close enough to Dublin and I have a 24 hr Tesco near me, if someone could guarantee me a time that the papers are delivered at I'd gladly go get one! :D
    If it's near I'd wander down to it and ask inside, but the papers are usually in around here in culchieland at around 6 or 7AM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

pp_me wrote: »
    come on lads, whos staying up all night to accept their CAO offer :P I for one am, and im going to WIT at 10 in the morning fortheir "drop in week"

Besta luck :P

Same. Haven't heard about this 'drop in week' thing though. :p

Will results be online at 6 a.m. exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'll definitely be staying up. How could anyone sleep in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too.
    But then again, I'm that person that always loves reading the points supplement anyways :P
    Me too, I read it every year! Im not going to stay up all night but I will be up early in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ah I've been looking forward to the all-nighter for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I am in Drogheda went down to Tesco there and asked was told about 5ish! Will go down and if not in sure we will be up for 6 to go online anyway!:D

Advertisement