Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* The all nighter / waiting for CAO offers thread *

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh God I hope I get Actuarial Studies in UCD - I'm only 15 points clear (it was 530 last year, 555 :eek: the year before). I don't mind getting my second choice, but I found the perfect digs beside UCD today!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

I would pull an all-nighter but my Debs is tomorrow and I'm guessing I'll need the rest. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Aisling1992

Anyone doing Commerce with German or French in UCC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Gots me some pirate movies and a sheet load of nachos; roll on 6 am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Why are you staying up all night?

Surely just getting up at 6am would make sense if you want to find out ASAP? Staying up all night isn't going to make it come any faster, if anything it'll prolong the agony....:D

Doesn't make much sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I was thinking the same dan! Drink a few shots, pass out and before you know it , it will be 6 am lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

well I'm heading into the Fleadh in Cavan tonight so by the time I'll be home they'll probably bee out :p does that count as an all nighter :pac::pac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Im going out tonight till 4am so its not too bad for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'll be at a sleepover so definitely staying up the whole night :D I really want to know if I got the course or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I am not in the mood to stay up. If I stay up and accept the offer at 6, I might make a balls of things. I will accept the offer in the morning when I wake up instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

My sleeping pattern is so f*cked up right now that I'll be awake anyway. I didn't get up till 5pm today. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

My sleeping pattern is so f*cked up right now that I'll be awake anyway. I didn't get up till 5pm today. :o

Yeah I was still trying to fall asleep at 6 the last 2/3 nights so this'll be no problem:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Conor108 wrote: »
    Yeah I was still trying to fall asleep at 6 the last 2/3 nights so this'll be no problem:D

Same. I really have screwed up my body clock big time:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

kev9100 wrote: »
    Same. I really have screwed up my body clock big time:o.

Same. I think everyone has :(. Roll on 6am :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Best of luck everyone - I'd forgotten all about my all nighter to check out what points were in the paper being scanned...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

There's two 24 hour newsagents here in Dundalk (that I know of) but I don't know what time the papers arrive at. I'm guessing they wouldn't arrive until around 6/7am though - they would all come to Dublin first.

There's two 24 hour newsagents here in Dundalk (that I know of) but I don't know what time the papers arrive at. I'm guessing they wouldn't arrive until around 6/7am though - they would all come to Dublin first.

The papers are printed in Citywest in Dublin. So your probably right.

Places like Leixlip and Maynooth might get them the quickest since they are within close proximity to Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

ah i'm nervous for you all and and a couple of people i know waiting on offers, im also dying to see the points for the business courses for next year i'll be applying for, i'm already nervous about this year, i'll be fine once i get into it and start working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm in Dublin, i'll drag some people to Tesco in the morning and see if I can get a hold of a newspaper. It's worth a try.

You're probably right! I might just drive down at around 5 am though just for a laugh and see. I'll camp outside the shop in a sleeping bag if that's what it takes! (The last part probably won't happen :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Why doesn't someone just ring up tesco, ask for someone who deals with purchases, and ask when the times is in?

theowen wrote: »
    Why doesn't someone just ring up tesco, ask for someone who deals with purchases, and ask when the times is in?

All this info will be on the website at 12 or will it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

unknown13 wrote: »
    All this info will be on the website at 12 or will it be?

yeah i was thinking that,or else do a CSI job on vincent brown tonight.(now,looking at tomorrow's papers.........)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

We had them here at about 3:30 this time last year.

Best of luck guys!

Craguls wrote: »
    We had them here at about 3:30 this time last year.

Best of luck guys!

I don't like that time. I may be still here at time. Once I don't see the points before I go to bed then I will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Facebook and Halo for me tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Facebook and Halo for me tonight! :D

Facebook and mwf2 for me all nightttt :D
    Best of luck everyone!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm staying up. I'm so nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

ARTS UCD-365
    DIT BUSINESS AND FRENCH-395
    EVENT MANAGEMENT DIT-400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I won't be waiting up, work at 7am and I am about 45 points clear of my course. However just an idea for ye, I kinda remember last year, doesn't the Irish Times publish its suplements online at about 2am free of charge etc.. Why not try there and go to bed then?

Advertisement