Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* The all nighter / waiting for CAO offers thread *

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Lawliet wrote: »
    Of course I'd get screwed by random selection.

Oh God that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear that! Were you happy with what you were offered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr D

Done, first choice is all accepted. Roll on Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

UCD Philosophy accepted! Aaaaaand then the server crashes again! :D
    Good night/good morning, everyone!
    Bed awaits.
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoindrummer

Well, that's that, course has been accepted and now on to the rest of all of our lives! It has been a pleasure conversing with you all tonight, good luck with all of your future endeavours and if any of you are studying Government in UCC next year, I'll see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

just accepted DT324 Level 7/6 Business Management

got offered DT354 Level 8 Business Computing but i dont think its for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

theowen wrote: »
    Sorry. Sure there's a good chance on second offers, you'll literally be first in line!
    Ah yeah there's always that!

Congrats to everyone that got their course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

I'm a Law student at UCD!!!:D YAA! Thanks to everyone on boards throughout the year! Dunno how i'm going to move on from this forum, i bet you il be still lurking in September!:) Well done everyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

was just about to click on it site down

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

i CAN'T SEE MY RESULT! HELP IM GOING INSANE! IT KEEPS SAYING THE SITE IS CLOSED FOR AMINTENANCE OR ELSE SERVER BUDY...FOR PAST 1O MINTUES!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

accepted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Congratulations everyone that was offered their choice! To those that weren't - remember there is the second round!

Still waiting for CAO to work - I pressed accept and it crashed, so I'm not sure whether it's actually accepted or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Graciee

Hello crawford :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Janette1

Congratulations everyone that was offered their choice! To those that weren't - remember there is the second round!

Still waiting for CAO to work - I pressed accept and it crashed, so I'm not sure whether it's actually accepted or not.

I'm the exact same! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Didn't get what I wanted, Art in LSAD. Hopefully i'll get it on second offers though..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

They will send you a resceipt by email confirmig it if you got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

I got music,media and performance technology in University Limerick.I'm so delighted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Accepted Computer Science in UCC - CK401. See some of ye there I'm sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

At least you know you got it anyway! :)
    It'll still be there later if it won't work now! :P

I AHTE YOU CAO MAINTENANCE NOTICE!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Lawliet wrote: »
    Of course I'd get screwed by random selection.

Keep the chin up, if you were random selection you WILL get it in 2nd round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

If I accept a course, will I be offered a better course in Round 2 if it comes up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Anyone else managing to get in but have no offers?

FML

shamoono wrote: »
    If I accept a course, will I be offered a better course in Round 2 if it comes up?
    yes it doesnt matter whtere you accept another or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 aball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

'Due to maintenance work, the CAO web site is currently unavailable'

Ha its working now but when I saw this I thought typical Ireland...doing maintenance work at ridiculous hours and holding up hoards of traffic :D:cool:

Fair play to everybody on the old LC, and thanks to Janette and all the other mischevious leakers, and well done to all who stayed up all night, roll on continuous assessment!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

thanks everyone who was looking up the points for everyone! and congrats to everyone who got an offer! and to anyone who didn't, im awful sorry, i know what its like, this was my second year and i got my 3rd choice. so just wait for the second round and if not, theres always next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

frser32 wrote: »
    I'm a Law student at UCD!!!:D YAA! Thanks to everyone on boards throughout the year! Dunno how i'm going to move on from this forum, i bet you il be still lurking in September!:) Well done everyone...
    C&H and UCD forums ;)

Guys, have patience!

It always goes down for a few minutes to bring the results online (hence the "maintenance" notice some were getting) and then there's probably 4 or 500 people trying to log in while it's still booting up ...

No system will cope with that!

If you're still having problems, clear your cache and take it calmly ...

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

OGOD
    Error - the course you are trying to accept is no longer valid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

european studies in trinity anyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

I got into my first choice!! *happy dance* And I even got an hours sleep. The site keeps crashing, took me ages to get in.

Advertisement