Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* The all nighter / waiting for CAO offers thread *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Does anyone know anywhere that shows both the first and second round offers of last year's CAO?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

loike wrote: »
    someone is tired lol! he said it

I meant what subjects in Arts.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mull3T

So does anyone reckon theres a chance in round 2 if your 5 off and the course faces random selection???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Yupp2010 wrote: »
    English and History so far :) I don't know what else to pick though :/

wbu? :D

I'm doing History and French:D. Can't wait:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭conno3001

Got into ITT to do a honours degree in Computing, first preference, got in through FETAC... good times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Mull3T wrote: »
    So does anyone reckon theres a chance in round 2 if your 5 off and the course faces random selection???
    Difficult to answer, dude, first places in round 2 will go to those who didn't get it by random selection in round 1, depends on how many of those there are / how many spare places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

kev9100 wrote: »
    I'm doing History and French:D. Can't wait:).

Me neither :D Don't know anyone going there but screw it I'm off to ucd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Business in UL, cant wait:)
    One of my good friends has missed out on his first 2 choices, not sure if he knows yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mull3T

Difficult to answer, dude, first places in round 2 will go to those who didn't get it by random selection in round 1, depends on how many of those there are / how many spare places.

Thank you... guess im playing the waiting game all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Hmmm? 0_o

I'm just very surprised. By the looks of things, both English and History in Trinity rose by 40 points, at least over the Final points last year. I thought I was safe with 35 in the clear for History, but apparently not.

I don't know if either of these courses' points fall at all, but I only need five points to get there on the second round. It's the worst kind of chance - one that takes over a week to come true, or not.

Bit devastated, I think. Though I shouldn't be. I got accepted into a fine course that I know I'll enjoy, and I know there are people far worse off than me out there. I just thought I was relatively safe, all things considered. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 philip___

So I got my first offer, Education(Primary) in St.Pats and the points this year is 475 with random selection i think, i got 475 so is there a chance i still wont get in even though i got my offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

NUI Galway here I come. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

philip___ wrote: »
    So I got my first offer, Education(Primary) in St.Pats and the points this year is 475 with random selection i think, i got 475 so is there a chance i still wont get in even though i got my offer?
    If you got your offer you're safe.

philip___ wrote: »
    If there's an offer on the CAO for you when you log in, you're in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 catchthepigeon

Business and Law UCD!! Majorly excited!

A Changer wrote: »
    I'm just very surprised. By the looks of things, both English and History in Trinity rose by 40 points, at least over the Final points last year. I thought I was safe with 35 in the clear for History, but apparently not.

I don't know if either of these courses' points fall at all, but I only need five points to get there on the second round. It's the worst kind of chance - one that takes over a week to come true, or not.

Bit devastated, I think. Though I shouldn't be. I got accepted into a fine course that I know I'll enjoy, and I know there are people far worse off than me out there. I just thought I was relatively safe, all things considered. :(
    Oh sorry, misread the first time.

I'd say there's at least a *chance* that you might make it in Round 2, but Mayn. is not a bad spot in any case.

Tho' admittedly I would prefer TCD myself, if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

after an hour and 15 minutes i decided to try use the internet on my phone and it worked :D hello i.t.b. this time i wont drop out :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LeitrimLilter

for some reason I have absolutely no offers. Absolutely gutted, especially because I had enough points (went to secondary school in uk and took the a levels, but they told me that my exams would be calculated, and provided the formula). Should I ring them, because I'm certain that I had the points for most of my courses?? thanks :(:(:(

for some reason I have absolutely no offers. Absolutely gutted, especially because I had enough points (went to secondary school in uk and took the a levels, but they told me that my exams would be calculated, and provided the formula). Should I ring them, because I'm certain that I had the points for most of my courses?? thanks :(:(:(
    Sounds strange! 0_o

Certainly, contact them ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Trackmedown

Hotaru wrote: »
    La la la la la la la.

Science in Trinity :)

me 2!!!!! *high five* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I missed my place in finance aand accounting by five points. I'm getting business reappealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Oh sorry, misread the first time.

I'd say there's at least a *chance* that you might make it in Round 2, but Mayn. is not a bad spot in any case.

Tho' admittedly I would prefer TCD myself, if I'm honest.

You can say that again. I feel just the same. I've had mates there who were so glad to hear what points I got, certain I'd be there. Not looking forward to letting them know. The nice thing about that course in Maynooth is that I can minor in History, so I'll get a nice course that'll be to my liking. It's the wait until Thursday week now that'll have me in tatters.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bleh!

My sister missed out on nursing in TCD and UCD due to random selection.:mad: However, she had 5 points to spare for this year's general nursing in DKIT but she wasn't offered a place. She has got all the matriculation requirements, why wasn't she offered a place? Could there be a possible mistake made by the CAO? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 _ellie_

Science in UCD!:)

A Changer wrote: »
    You can say that again. I feel just the same. I've had mates there who were so glad to hear what points I got, certain I'd be there. Not looking forward to letting them know. The nice thing about that course in Maynooth is that I can minor in History, so I'll get a nice course that'll be to my liking. It's the wait until Thursday week now that'll have me in tatters.
    Very good history dept in Mayn, though Vincent Comerford has retired and Colm Lennon is soon to follow, both a big loss!

Not so familiar with English there.
    bleh! wrote: »
    My sister missed out on nursing in TCD and UCD due to random selection.:mad: However, she had 5 points to spare for this year's general nursing in DKIT but she wasn't offered a place. She has got all the matriculation requirements, why wasn't she offered a place? Could there be a possible mistake made by the CAO? :confused:
    Double-check the minimum requirements to start with. Also, check that she had DKIT in No. 3 spot (assuming TCD and UCD were first) ... people sometimes forget what order they put down, esp. after the first couple of spots.

After that, contact them ... they don't tend to make many mistakes, but no organisation is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

got my 1st choice :) computer science in D.I.T

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Got my first choice which was business and computers in Trinity. I was absolutely delighted when i saw that pop up on cao because i knew the points were going to be a bit unpredictable this year. Bring on the pav!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

angelxx wrote: »
    Got my first choice! Congratulations everybody.
    Well done and congratulations!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 APMom

DD got her 1st choice under the Hear programme but really wants her 2nd choice which she has loads of points for under normal criteria, what to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

APMom wrote: »
    DD got her 1st choice under the Hear programme but really wants her 2nd choice which she has loads of points for under normal criteria, what to do?

I was told in school that you can only go up your list, not down, as they assume that you put your choices in order of preference and wouldn't want what's under your first choice anyway. Not sure if that's always the case. =/

Advertisement