Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* The all nighter / waiting for CAO offers thread *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Lads, I know I won't get my first choice but I know I have enough points for my fourth, Arts in UCD. What happens now? Do I wait until round two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ruppy99

seanbmc wrote: »
    Lads, I know I won't get my first choice but I know I have enough points for my fourth, Arts in UCD. What happens now? Do I wait until round two?

accept arts then if you get offered a course higher up your list in round 2 you can accept that and then your acceptance to ucd arts will be cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

has the cao website crashed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ruppy99

it's been crashing at various points all morning. just have to be patient and keep hitting that refresh button :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RedRebel92

wats maths science in ucc??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My email has told me i got an offer and now the cao website is down due to maintenance...seriously irritating!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Hey guys. Wowzers, its been ages since i posted here. Well after a wonderful (read: distictly sub-wonderful) year in computer science I reapplied, and got history. Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 casadenikki

me 2!!!!! *high five* :D

Me 3 :D yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

UCC anyone? :D Bio and Chem Sciences here I come :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

so after working 40-50 hour weeks for the last 4 years in a job i hate in order to get money for college, i end up getting screwed by random selection.

thank you jebus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

ruppy99 wrote: »
    accept arts then if you get offered a course higher up your list in round 2 you can accept that and then your acceptance to ucd arts will be cancelled

Still waiting on the offer for Arts though, hope it comes. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Congrats to everyone who got an offer, and best of luck to everybody else, there's always round 2. I'm mad that I went to bed before 4am, had I waited just a few minutes more I would have seen Janette's post:mad:. Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭klose

I got the points for my first offer which went down by 40 points or so :O but didnt meet the chemistry requirement of c3, i only got a d2.

So does anyone think its worth a recheck? long shot i know but i do feel i did bettter then that grade.

In any case im happy with the course i was offered, arts in ucc :D

Well done people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Anyone doing BIS in UCC? Accepted my offer an hour ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

ugh. website. WORK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Anyone know where I can check points requirements for Hotel and Catering in GMIT. 'Cause I got and accepted an offer online but when my offer came by post I noticed they got my points wrong, giving me and extra 25 so I need to check if I actually got my place now. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Anyone doing BIS in UCC? Accepted my offer an hour ago!

graduated from it in 2007 if you have any questions on it feel free to send me a PM. There will prob be about roughly 130 in first year so you'll get to know a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

theowen wrote: »
    Trinners *high five*?:D

Anyone else doing science in trinity??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deevy

Anyone know where I can check points requirements for Hotel and Catering in GMIT. 'Cause I got and accepted an offer online but when my offer came by post I noticed they got my points wrong, giving me and extra 25 so I need to check if I actually got my place now. :S

Hotel and Catering in GMIT is 255. I downloaded the list of all the courses and their points before the cao website crashed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yup :D

You already knew that though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

GA380 Hotel and Catering Management 255

http://www2.cao.ie/points/2010_RND1_L8_XYZ.HTM#gad

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭onzlo

Got my first choice: Software Development in Carlow I.T. Delighted with it :D Anyone else for Carlow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mull3T

anyone down for engineering and management Trintiy?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Me 3 :D yay!
    It's like high 15 by this stage :) Wants me one of those I go to trinners hoodies...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

It's like high 15 by this stage :) Wants me one of those I go to trinners hoodies...

I'm the exact same, been waiting for ages to get one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Nahh. I want one of those UCD ones

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

Guys, speaking as a Trinity student, please don't wear those. Please.

Steppes wrote: »
    Guys, speaking as a Trinity student, please don't wear those. Please.
    I really want one/need one. Just for comedic value really...one of my friends is just like no, no nooooooooo! My reply: yes...:cool:

Can I get one today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Meeeeee \o/

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    Nahh. I want one of those UCD ones
    :cool: Suppose this is where the friendliness stops aye?

Advertisement