Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* The all nighter / waiting for CAO offers thread *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I just went over and asked in the shop. I'm in the library in Trinity at the mo. Thinking about waiting up and getting the supplement. Not waiting on an offer myself, but have a few impatient friends down the country.

If I do get it, I can probably scan it in college.
    Please? Please? etc.../please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

theowen wrote: »
    So I'll defo get vet med with my 560?
    560 random selection was reported

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Jammyc wrote: »
    BS
    Well the points for medicine and vet have been leaked. Some UCC courses such as arts and business are also out, the papers have been printed and people have seen the points. This happens every year. A lot of people at third level have known the points since last thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Lawliet wrote: »
    CAOs working okay for me.

Looks like my course will be random selection, I'll be stuck here till 6am after all. :(
    Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Aisling1992

You know on the CAO website where is says the points for last year? Can anyone tell me the difference between mid-point and final points? please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Well the points for medicine and vet have been leaked. Some UCC courses such as arts and business are also out, the papers have been printed and people have seen the points. This happens every year. A lot of people at third level have known the points since last thursday.
    really oh my god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

You know on the CAO website where is says the points for last year? Can anyone tell me the difference between mid-point and final points? please :)
    Mid point is the average number of points applicants had and final is the minimum required.
    It's the final you need.

Final points are whatever it dropped to in Round 2 / subsequent.

Mid-point is just that ... the average, more or less. Irrelevant for getting in, just for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Is it too late to apply for a course now?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Janette1

I'm up all night too! I'm in Dublin City Centre and intend to get a paper in the early am but... unforch do not have a scanner :( If someone is posting up the paper, I would fully appreciate it!
    Best of luck everyone! Coffee at the ready :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

James_LWAU wrote: »

Yes, unless it is a PLC Course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Janette1 wrote: »
    I'm up all night too! I'm in Dublin City Centre and intend to get a paper in the early am but... unforch do not have a scanner :( If someone is posting up the paper, I would fully appreciate it!
    Best of luck everyone! Coffee at the ready :rolleyes:

That would be great! could you use your camera? phone?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Dear CAO Applicants of 2011: Buy scanners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Janette1

I'll try :) Does anyone know what 24 hour shops there are? When they get they papers in?

unknown13 wrote: »
    Yes, unless it is a PLC Course.
    Or it comes up on the Vacant places list on the CAO website.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Stress of this.

Didnt put down Law because I honestly didn't think I would have a chance. My points came and I was so shocked - quite confident If I had it down as number one I would have been offered it :( I know in Trinity you can apply for a change of course by October sometime providing there is places/you got the points...

Good luck !

Also is random selection when loads of people get the same amount of points and there are limited places so they randomly choose the people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

Mong leaving it this late.
    You knew when the deadlines were.
    You bad bad child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 who.dunnit

any idea what is the lowest points needed to get into med in any college(incl hpat) and what the points for cork were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

come on irish times site..update now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Alison92

Only 5hours to go =|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

PARARORY wrote: »
    Stress of this.

Didnt put down Law because I honestly didn't think I would have a chance. My points came and I was so shocked - quite confident If I had it down as number one I would have been offered it :( I know in Trinity you can apply for a change of course by October sometime providing there is places/you got the points...

Good luck !
    Yeah, but it's completely based on if there are any places available and if you had the points. I can't say if it would be likely or not to have vacant spaces/dropouts for Law.

ORDER OF PREFERENCE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Purchiz

Or it comes up on the Vacant places list on the CAO website.

my coarse comes up on that list. Does that mean the points will go down for them coarses? I'm 20 below last year. What are my chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SRFCAndyC

anyone here fancy a game of mw2 on the 360 to kill some time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Does anyone know what time the E-Paper editions of the Times or Indo are published?

Didnt put down Law because I honestly didn't think I would have a chance. My points came and I was so shocked - quite confident If I had it down as number one I would have been offered it :(
    *sigh*
    I even put up a sticky warning against this approach! :mad:
    Also is random selection when loads of people get the same amount of points and there are limited places so they randomly choose the people ?
    Yes.

I know in Trinity you can apply for a change of course by October sometime providing there is places/you got the points...
    Jammyc wrote: »
    Yeah, but it's completely based on if there are any places available and if you had the points.
    ORDER OF PREFERENCE!!!

Read the post lol :D
    *sigh* I even put up a sticky warning against this approach!

I was torn between two courses , I got into my number one this year so It's fine - I just meant for reapplying next year if I didnt like the course this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

I got 460 and arts is 375 in Maynooth...

Am i safe to say it won't go upto 460 :confused:

GVNDNN wrote: »
    I got 460 and arts is 375 in Maynooth...

Am i safe to say it won't go upto 460 :confused:

Yes. Promise.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

who.dunnit wrote: »
    any idea what is the lowest points needed to get into med in any college(incl hpat) and what the points for cork were?

Lowest points is NUIG on 720 (random selection) and UCC is 725.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

This night is dragging in and all of this waiting is painful!

Advertisement