Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grounds for small claims?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Did a course that lasted 9 months, did our exams well over 2 months ago, was supposed to get our results in 4 weeks, no word of results, no email repsonses or phone responses from the course centre, been in contact with other people in the exact same boat, going weeks with no repsones whatsoever from them. Is this grounds to file a claim to get the course fee back? I paid to do a course to get a qualification, since they're not giving me a qualification, or at least taking their sweet time about it and now not responding to any of the previous students, would we have something to go on? this is just one of a list of dozens of issues we've had with them previously, fees not being repaid for services they didnt provide etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I'd guess that you probably would have grounds for a Small Claims court case. It might just be enough to shake them up a bit, assuming that they are still in business.

Is it a FETAC or HETAC course? If so, you could try chasing them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That was another bone of contention, it was meant to be an ITEC course, which we were informed just before our exams it wasnt, apparently ITEC was "never mentioned" despite the fact it is (or was) on the centres website (which is strangely down "for maintenance" since this was raised) and on jobs.ie and a few other places where the course details are. The qualification we are meant to be getting is legit and recognised, but its still not what we were led to believe we were training for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Find evidence of their past ITEC claims - check for Google's cached pages of their website or other interent archives. Was there anything on whatever paperwork you signed or whatever stuff you recieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Im sure its on emails somewhere wasnt on paperwork though, what little we ever got off them anyway, its all a bit amateur, I know someone in the course did a printout with the date on a screencap of the website from months back with it clearly showing the ITEC claim, must ask her for a copy.

Advertisement