Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me pay for last night!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

hitman79 wrote: »
    Threw 8.00 on at 13/8 for a top 3 finish. Returns 21.00 and leaves 12.00 in the kitty. Cheers for the tip :D

He was heavily backed but didnt really feature :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Excellent As Us
    D N Russell 4.40 @ 5/4

i have 100 on it

coughlan08 wrote: »
    Excellent As Us
    D N Russell 4.40 @ 5/4

i have 100 on it

get the **** in......
    please tell me some1 else was able to get on,
    got the call a nice bit before the race so there was a good 5 mins to get the bet on for ye,,
    hope ye did...
    it was well backed into 4/6 before the off.which re inforced my confedence,
    stike rate now 13/15...cant get much better..
    il defo be expecting an email from pp soon enough if this keeps carrying on me tinks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

get the **** in......
    please tell me some1 else was able to get on,
    got the call a nice bit before the race so there was a good 5 mins to get the bet on for ye,,
    hope ye did...
    it was well backed into 4/6 before the off.which re inforced my confedence,
    stike rate now 13/15...cant get much better..
    il defo be expecting an email from pp soon enough if this keeps carrying on me tinks...

Missed this as usual. I think we'd need to be on this thread all the time to catch them sadly. You should withdraw your PP account pretty much everytime you win. Also mite start thinking about using other online bookies just in case :D

Dam i missed another Coughlan tip :mad: Good work mate. Im doing a 5.00 double on Atletico and Galway tonight. Returns 10.00 and leaves just 7.00 in the kitty...Worrying times :eek:

• Advertisement

ya i knoe but i love taking money off pp for some reason,also i like staying loyal to the bookies i first betted with for some strange reason,imo there layout is the best in the business by a long shot,
    dont worry,i went down to the bookies today to withdraw my first big 1.it was around half 11,the most i could take out was 500 but they said wait until after 12 again and you can take out another 500,,
    i was in my element seeing all those 50s...got some looks..;)
    im doin the same tomo,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

ya i knoe but i love taking money off pp for some reason,also i like staying loyal to the bookies i first betted with for some strange reason,imo there layout is the best in the business by a long shot,
    dont worry,i went down to the bookies today to withdraw my first big 1.it was around half 11,the most i could take out was 500 but they said wait until after 12 again and you can take out another 500,,
    im doin the same tomo,.,

I am seriously thinking about never reading this forum again you're killing me your friends strike rate is brilliant but never posted in enough time to place a bet :P

im doin the same tomo,.,

Great work and fair play for placing the large bets. Think i'd have to refresh this page all day to catch your tips tho. But keep it up :D

Great work and fair play for placing the large bets. Think i'd have to refresh this page all day to catch your tips tho. But keep it up :D

I've subscibed to the thread. Seems the best way to catch them. Just keep your email open if you can like me in work or at home if you are there.

scopper wrote: »
    I've subscibed to the thread. Seems the best way to catch them. Just keep your email open if you can like me in work or at home if you are there.

Even then you dont get a mail for every post :( Ah sure we'll get one eventually

• Advertisement

Even then you dont get a mail for every post :( Ah sure we'll get one eventually

You do get them for every post or at least I am at the moment. Maybe you need to edit your options. Can be done for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

So have you any suggestions to what i should be betting on? Im assuming you've made a decent amount in the betting game have you?

Anyways today im going with a 5.71 double of Luton and Alfreton. Returns 9.65. Both teams are at home and have made good starts to the season. Leaves 20.00 in the kitty :D

I haven't but I certainly haven't kept losing on doubles and triples either...

I haven't but I certainly haven't kept losing on doubles and triples either...

Look im not a serious gambler. This thread was done out of boredom to see if i could make €100 when starting with €14. I haven't but im not done yet. I welcome advice but your offering nothing? Do you want me to make single bets at odds of 1/6, 1/8 etc in the hope of slowly making a few quid? You've given no evidence to suggest you know anything about betting either?

Anyways Madrid/Galway double came in so back up to €17.00

Look im not a serious gambler. This thread was done out of boredom to see if i could make €100 when starting with €14. I haven't but im not done yet. I welcome advice but your offering nothing? Do you want me to make single bets at odds of 1/6, 1/8 etc in the hope of slowly making a few quid? You've given no evidence to suggest you know anything about betting either?

Anyways Madrid/Galway double came in so back up to €17.00

Neither am I but I've just used common sense and haven't lost anything yet. Overall I mean, not that I've never lost a bet.

Anyway here: http://horseracingtips4free.com/today-s-selections

I use that site, I discovered it a while back and it's fairly useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Work your way up to 50 with small bets then put it all on red in roulette.

Neither am I but I've just used common sense and haven't lost anything yet. Overall I mean, not that I've never lost a bet.

Anyway here: http://horseracingtips4free.com/today-s-selections

I use that site, I discovered it a while back and it's fairly useful.

So give me an example of some of your winning bets? Prices and amounts bet etc?

I just gave you the site...

I'll try a different tactic: when the site has a tip, I bet on it. Understand?

I just gave you the site...

I'll try a different tactic: when the site has a tip, I bet on it. Understand?

That site has a win rate of less than 25% but you claim you haven't lost anything? So less than 1 out of every 4 of their tips wins? You must have an uncanny knack of betting big on the tips that win and small on the bets that lose if you claim you haven't lost anything.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Hitman, you've a lot to learn if you think a 25% strike rate on the horses is poor. My strike rate is less yet I make good profit at it.

Anyways, keep the thread going along with bets and less of this cut throat chat! :p Just to clarify too, I know the person who owns that site and he's a good tipster, all for free and no gimmicks, can't ask for much more.

Best of luck dude.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Hitman, you've a lot to learn if you think a 25% strike rate on the horses is poor. My strike rate is less yet I make good profit at it.

Anyways, keep the thread going along with bets and less of this cut throat chat! :p

Best of luck dude.

I didnt say it was poor. Far from it and i will keep an eye on it. I just find it hard to believe that by following one site he claims to be in profit.

Fair play for making a profit Pyro. I've a lot to learn to get to your level as this thread is clearly showing :confused:

• Advertisement

That site has a win rate of less than 25% but you claim you haven't lost anything? So less than 1 out of every 4 of their tips wins? You must have an uncanny knack of betting big on the tips that win and small on the bets that lose if you claim you haven't lost anything.

As for what the mod said I'll leave at this.

If you have a bunch of tips and generally at least one horse on that site wins per day: make sure that if just one of the horses win you'll at least break even. That's what I do and I haven't lost overall. I never said I haven't lost bets, I said I'm not down overall. That's something you should be trying to do.

That's my advice to you as someone who's trying to make a profit too, like you are. If you want to give your opinion back, sure. If you don't want to follow my advice, sure.
    But yeah, sorry for the derailing.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I didnt say it was poor. Far from it and i will keep an eye on it. I just find it hard to believe that by following one site he claims to be in profit.

Fair play for making a profit Pyro. I've a lot to learn to get to your level as this thread is clearly showing :confused:

I get ya now! It's more the odds than the strike rate. One could be profitable with a 5% SR just backing higher odds horses. I'm not sure if the site owner is in profit over the long run but he's a nice guy and as genuine as the come. He's "Betting Tips" on facebook and updates his profit/loss there daily.

Cheers dude, you're just going through a little bad spell, we all have them. I have them a lot! Just hope it ends before the bank runs out, best way now is to keep the money for singles on things you really fancy and slow roll it. That's what I'd do anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I didn't back it coughlan,when I went up to the bookies it was 5/4 but said rule 4 deductions. Good shout though,nice to see you spread the word,as some wouldn't,which I don't understand.

Is that free tips site profitable pyro?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wonder would it be worth having a 'Last Minute' thread for tips that come too late for analysis such as Coughlans? Just the tips and minimum discussion so we dont get an alert every time somebody makes a comment. I get the occasional tip myself but again is usually just before the off so its pointless posting in a general thread. It shouldnt take too long to work out the genuine posters. Just a thought.

I'd say go for it sandman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Lets see what the X man thinks.

Im bored so a small €2 double on Crusaders and Linfield. Returns €4.82. Balance of €15

Im bored so a small €2 double on Crusaders and Linfield. Returns €4.82. Balance of €15

Both come from behind to win. €19.82 in the kitty. Think i'll heed Pyro's advice and go slow and steady :D

• Advertisement

€2.82 on Ponte Preta tonight. Returns €4.32. Ponte are the form team in the league at the moment and are at home. €17 in the kitty

Advertisement