Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish property investors to sue journalists

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

oceanclub wrote: »
    It's not an exaggeration to say that Irish journalism has become utterly corrupted by its virtual ownership by the property industry. An estimated 70% of the Irish Times' total revenue during the bubble came from the property market. The industry had the power to have senior editors sacked for making minor wisecracks about the inability of estate agents to sell their houses (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54381138).

Even the newspaper itself got involved in the property market with its purchase of myhome.ie; how on earth could it be objective about an industry it was involved in itself? Even someone like Fintan O'Toole when interviewed about this couldn't even bring himself to condemn it.

Seen as you mention Myhome I should remind you their primary competitor Daft is a stakeholder in boards.ie. ;)

At least they haven't tried to stifle debate here yet, but I hear there was talk of getting brendan burgess to mod on this forum :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

jmayo wrote: »
    At least they haven't tried to stifle debate here yet, but I hear there was talk of getting brendan burgess to mod on this forum :D

Oh, I imagine he's too busy moderating the Skeptics forum!

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

The story looks to be nothing more than heresay, "some investors are said to be looking into a case", I don't believe for a second anybody could be stupid enough to think they may have a case here. I would agree that some people that got burned are desperate for a scapegoat, but this is just ridiculous, they should sue the banks for giving them the money also if there is a case here.

Advertisement