Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i apply for anything

• 22-08-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭

hello

i am 18 years old and going into sixth year i'm unemployed and am living with my parents.

can i apply for anything

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

dunworth1 wrote: »
    hello

i am 18 years old and going into sixth year i'm unemployed and am living with my parents.

can i get apply for anything

A part time job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Your parents already claim child benefit, ask them for a cut.

Second level students are disqualified from claiming jobseekers allowance. You will also be disqualified for 3 months after sitting your last exam.

buy some petrol and take your parents' lawnmower door to door and see if anyone will pay you to cut their grass or do any other odd jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

since i'm now 18 my parents are losing the child benefit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

ah.. true! i forgot they did away with cb for 18 year olds.

what do most other leaving cert students do for pocket money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i couldn't tell you i have no idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

If they're receiving Family Income Supplement then they will be entitled to €15 per week for you. Other than that I'd echo the other posters' sentiments and suggest you start earning for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

i couldn't tell you i have no idea
    go out and make a dishonest living,use your imagination:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 skp120

Wow youre all being a bit hard on the OP. They said they were unemployed, that's it, how do we know if they have already been job hunting or not?

OP you aren't entitled to anything but good luck with getting a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

hello

can i apply for anything
    No - Unemployment benefit is not paid to people in full time education

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    No - Unemployment benefit is not paid to people in full time education

Drop out of school move out and claim JA and Rent allowance and go back and do your leaving cert when your 21 on the back to education scheme ... Sure its not worth a ******* theses days it can wait a couple of years:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

eire2009 wrote: »
    Drop out of school move out and claim JA and Rent allowance and go back and do your leaving cert when your 21 on the back to education scheme ... Sure its not worth a ******* theses days it can wait a couple of years:)

Very bright!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

You're still full time education so I don't think your parents lose child benefit till you're finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

slarkin123 wrote: »
    You're still full time education so I don't think your parents lose child benefit till you're finished.
    No - CB changed a year or two ago

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement