Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS & Data settings and Carrier logo for iOS 4.x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

fox007 wrote: »
    someone give a step by step please??
    Once you have it in /var/mobile - download iFile from cydia, open iFile and navigate to /var/mobile and tap on the deb, then tap install.

Then reboot and remove and reinsert sim card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Once you have it in /var/mobile - download iFile from cydia, open iFile and navigate to /var/mobile and tap on the deb, then tap install.

Then reboot and remove and reinsert sim card

sound I done all that but no fix for face time! and I cannot send an mms any ideas? just have the red ! after the picture if anyone wats to pm me there number to test cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Data

Apn: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: meteor

MMS

Apn: mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799
    MMS Max Message size: 307200

You can leave the last one blank :)

where do i enter these settings on iphone 4, cant feckin find it now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

When i got the iphone the other day i could go into settings>general>network and then cellular data and enter the date, but now its just on/off beside cellular datta, whats goin on there?!

Go to settings- general-about see what your carrier is if it has 3 or vf take out the sim put it back in do not turn off the phone go back to general and it should say meteor or what ever network your on then that should give you back your celluar data settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Very strange :-S

You could try to completely uninstall it, reboot and reinsert sim. Then Install it again, reboot and reinsert sim. That should solve it :)

I did the above but still getting the error when either install or unistalling any package in cydia, it says

"meteor carrier bundle ios 4.0.1 subprocess post installation script returned error exit 1 status" and then cydia just freezes, you need to exit out with the home button, upon entering it again your back to the start screen.

Any ideas what's causing that?

Tones69 wrote: »
    When i got the iphone the other day i could go into settings>general>network and then cellular data and enter the date, but now its just on/off beside cellular datta, whats goin on there?!

This usually happens when you have edited a carrier bundle without a CommCenter patch. iOS 4.x requires all carrier bundles to be signed, this is why CommCenter must be patched to bypass that restriction. Just install my bundle and it should be fixed.
    eireal wrote: »
    I did the above but still getting the error when either install or unistalling any package in cydia, it says

"meteor carrier bundle ios 4.0.1 subprocess post installation script returned error exit 1 status" and then cydia just freezes, you need to exit out with the home button, upon entering it again your back to the start screen.

Any ideas what's causing that?

No Idea :S

Have you already got a patched CommCenter? That could be what's causing it, but not sure.

Is MMS working for everyone?

e36347cb.jpg
    Send me your number if ya want to test I'm sending but don't think I can receive them.FaceTime is activated but still not working the option is not coming up to call someone via ft

e36347cb.jpg
    Send me your number if ya want to test I'm sending but don't think I can receive them.FaceTime is activated but still not working the option is not coming up to call someone via ft
    How did you get facetime activated mate?

• Advertisement

I went into cydia pushfix installed mi time.went to settings turn on/off real fast a few times then that message popped up but as I say I'm not getting the option to call via face time

I went into cydia pushfix installed mi time.went to settings turn on/off real fast a few times then that message popped up but as I say I'm not getting the option to call via face time
    How did you purchase MiTime, mitime.info is telling me that sales are currently suspended!

Did you try ejecting and reinserting sim for FT button to appear?

I didn't pay for it it was free in cydia! No I will do that now with the sim card

I didn't pay for it it was free in cydia! No I will do that now with the sim card
    That cydia app is only the UI. You need to purchase MiTime from mitime.info/purchase for it to do anything. When you run the app what does it say on screen? It's most likely that it worked for you out of fluke after installing MiTime :)

Also, did the message pop up asking to accept charges while the meteor carrier bundle was installed?

ebf1debf.jpg
    No still no option to call via FaceTime

Did you get facetime to activate before or after installing the meteor bundle?

you could try to install facebreak from cydia - it has an option to force the facetime button

After installed the carrier bundle when I launch I get this

After installed the carrier bundle when I launch I get this
    If you look behind the push notification you can see that it says unauthorised - please purchase on mitime.info.

If I were you I'd remove that image as it shows your phone number!!

Try the force FT Button in facebreak and let us know if it works :)

It seems that the MMS will send ok but will not receive. Try send an MMS to a different phone that has MMS set up. Or try uninstalling the meteor bundle on one of the iPhones and entering the MMS settings manually. then send an mms to that iPhone and see will it work. Sending you my number will not help as I am using an iPhone with edited carrier bundles so i cannot enter settings manually without restoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

No Idea :S

Have you already got a patched CommCenter? That could be what's causing it, but not sure.

I didnt patch it via cydia but there's a meteor com patch there, when i remove it i loose the settings & logo ect

• Advertisement

eireal wrote: »
    I didnt patch it via cydia but there's a meteor com patch there, when i remove it i loose the settings & logo ect
    Very strange. A restore should sort it out though. Otherwise just enter settings manually, though you'll have no logo, tethering etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭fmcattack

I am on meteor,

Is everyone having facetime issues over 3G?

Mine says activated and it comes up in my contacts as normal....

fmcattack wrote: »
    I am on meteor,

Are you factory unlocked or ultrasn0w? And have you got the meteor bundle installed?

FaceTime works only over wifi. If you want to use it over 3G you can install facebreak or something similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Hi,

My friend has a factory unlocked iPhone 4 on 4.0.2 and we need to input the MMS & Data settings.

How can we do this? And what are the settings?

Thanks

Go to settings>general>network>cellular data network

Data

Apn: data.mymeteor.ie

MMS

Apn: mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799
    MMS Max Message size: 307200

You can leave the last one blank

fmcattack wrote: »
    I am on meteor,

Can you call someone via face time? what carrier settings are you on

settings-general- about- carrier what does it say there? were having the trouble via wifi

Can you call someone via face time? what carrier settings are you on

settings-general- about- carrier what does it say there? were having the trouble via wifi
    What does yours say there if you don't mind me asking? With the Meteor bundle installed on an ultrasn0w'd device mine has Meteor 4.0

What does yours say there if you don't mind me asking? With the Meteor bundle installed on an ultrasn0w'd device mine has Meteor 4.0

yep thats what I have.When i put the vf sim in its 7.2

yep thats what I have.When i put the vf sim in its 7.2
    When I put in a vf sim it has 7.1 for me, thats after accepting the Carrier Update :S

Are you factory unlocked?

• Advertisement

When I put in a vf sim it has 7.1 for me, thats after accepting the Carrier Update :S

Are you factory unlocked?

no jailbreakme.com unlocked with ultrasn0w has anyone got an ideas on this?

Advertisement