Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS & Data settings and Carrier logo for iOS 4.x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

fox007 wrote: »
    no jailbreakme.com unlocked with ultrasn0w has anyone got an ideas on this?
    Well my iPhone is factory unlocked to supported Carriers (ie 3, o2, vodafone only) when I put in any of them SIMS i get the popup about facetime charges. but when i put in my meteor sim i get no popup.

As far as I can gather if FT is activated using a VF sim, for example, it still will not work when a different sim is inserted. Correct me if I'm wrong? I haven't been able to get it to work at all on meteor

We will have to wait for MiTime and see if that works I suppose :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

just came across this anyone want to try as i dont want to have to unlock my phone again
    http://www.rustybrick.com/new-iphone-4-upgrades-do-not-have-facetime.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I would just like to say, i ported from 3 to meteor yesterday, and i'm in love!

My iphone is working 100% just like it should! :)

eeloe wrote: »
    I would just like to say, i ported from 3 to meteor yesterday, and i'm in love!

My iphone is working 100% just like it should! :)
    What made you port from 3?

I am considering moving to 3! The Best of both Sim only plan looks great - €15 a month to get free 3-3 calls, free any network texts, 60 "flexi-units"(60 minutes ) and if I pay €4.99 extra 500mb of Data.

That's great compared to Meteor where at the moment I am paying €20 a month for free meteor-meteor texts and 250mb of Data.

Is it true that 3 has no EDGE network, just 3G? So where there is no 3G coverage, I will have no data at all - or just VERY slow GPRS?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭borygo77

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    What made you port from 3?

I am considering moving to 3! The Best of both Sim only plan looks great - €15 a month to get free 3-3 calls, free any network texts, 60 "flexi-units"(60 minutes ) and if I pay €4.99 extra 500mb of Data.

That's great compared to Meteor where at the moment I am paying €20 a month for free meteor-meteor texts and 250mb of Data.

Is it true that 3 has no EDGE network, just 3G? So where there is no 3G coverage, I will have no data at all - or just VERY slow GPRS?

Just VERY slow GPRS ;/ Some ppl have issue even with gprs ;) including me!

It was workin couple days but it's gone again!

• Advertisement

borygo77 wrote: »
    Just VERY slow GPRS ;/ Some ppl have issue even with gprs ;) including me!

It was workin couple days but it's gone again!
    The lads over on the Three thread are saying that alot of the issues (no 3g coverage, needing to switch airplane mode on/off etc) have been fixed over the past week and more fixes coming this weekend. Will have to wait and see :/

Do Meteor charge for a micro sim does anyone know?

fox007 wrote: »
    Do Meteor charge for a micro sim does anyone know?
    Nope they don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Mine was free anyway. Im on one of those no contract bill pay plans.

what happens with your credit does that get transfer over also? I

Im on meteor and want a mico sim do they charge fof that?

• Advertisement

Why don't you go instore and ask ;)

I done that and it was free anyway. I lost my free texts and data but I just rang customer care and told them what happened and they gave me a new 30 day text and data.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Sorry for the lack of reply jack!

3 were just terrible, couldn't stick the inconsistency of their network connections!

I'm loving meteors 30 day rolling contract at the moment, 30 euro for 200mins, 200txts(plus web txt) and 1gb of data!

eeloe wrote: »
    Sorry for the lack of reply jack!

3 were just terrible, couldn't stick the inconsistency of their network connections!

I'm loving meteors 30 day rolling contract at the moment, 30 euro for 200mins, 200txts(plus web txt) and 1gb of data!
    I am going with 3's 30 day "best of both" contract so I can see if I like it and if not, no long contract holding me down! Will have to make a cool carrier bundle for 3 now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fire3038

Hi Jakmeehan,
    You seem to be the oracle on all things phonewise I have unlocked jailbroken 3g iphone, I put all settings for meteor in but when I open safari it allows me to surf first page but after that it says not connected , It works fine on wifi ,wonder if you could help.
    Thanks in advance

fire3038 wrote: »
    Hi Jakmeehan,
    You seem to be the oracle on all things phonewise I have unlocked jailbroken 3g iphone, I put all settings for meteor in but when I open safari it allows me to surf first page but after that it says not connected , It works fine on wifi ,wonder if you could help.
    Thanks in advance
    Is it on 4.0.1? If so, try reboot and then eject and reinsert your sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fire3038

version 4.0(8A293)

version 4.0(8A293)
    Try that anyway, if it doesn't work try installing the carrier bundle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cbren88

Ok, This should work.

Let me know :)

If you have already installed (and it is still installed) the Meteor Carrier Bundle, or your CommCenter is already patched please use the "Three.Settings.Only" package. Otherwise, use the one relevant to your iOS version.

You couldn't sort me out with a file for Vodafone please? Tried everything to get one for iPhone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

Hi Jakmeehan,
    Thanks in advance

had a guy in where i work a few days ago with the same issue but we were unable to fix it. did you find a fix for it?

cbren88 wrote: »
    You couldn't sort me out with a file for Vodafone please? Tried everything to get one for iPhone 4.
    What do you want, a carrier logo?

Vodafone already has their own carrier bundle to apply mms and data settings. The most I could do Is add a vodafone logo and maybe enable tethering if it is not already enabled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 buy2010

Hi Jakmeehan, do u know where can i find commcenter patch for iphone 4 running ios 4.0?

The commcenter patch is included in the carrier bundle :)

What do you want, a carrier logo?

Vodafone already has their own carrier bundle to apply mms and data settings. The most I could do Is add a vodafone logo and maybe enable tethering if it is not already enabled

Thanks for the reply. Settings I have fine, I just need to get the carrier logo added, so both in a bundle I suppose for other users as well would be fantastic thanks.

I've got the carrier logo sorted anyway (this was one I used on iPhone 3G previously) and have uploaded to link below to save you the hassle :D

http://www.2shared.com/file/K8jQ_i7p/Default_CARRIER_Vodafone-ie.html

Thanks for the reply. Settings I have fine, I just need to get the carrier logo added, so both in a bundle I suppose for other users as well would be fantastic thanks.

I've got the carrier logo sorted anyway (this was one I used on iPhone 3G previously) and have uploaded to link below to save you the hassle :D

http://www.2shared.com/file/K8jQ_i7p/Default_CARRIER_Vodafone-ie.html
    Any chance you have the original logo? That one would be fine for 3G/3GS users but for i4 users I need a higher res Image.

I will see what I can do anyway :) think I have a voda sim around here somewhere...

Any chance you have the original logo? That one would be fine for 3G/3GS users but for i4 users I need a higher res Image.

I will see what I can do anyway :) think I have a voda sim around here somewhere...

Original logo? Do you know where I could find it?

Original logo? Do you know where I could find it?
    Did you have a carrier bundle on os 3.x? How did you use that logo before?

Did you have a carrier bundle on os 3.x? How did you use that logo before?

Ah ok sorry, I used the bundle in the link below. That's where I got the logos I uploaded in the previous file.

http://www.2shared.com/file/MhT63q_n/Vodafone_iebundle.html

Ah ok sorry, I used the bundle in the link below. That's where I got the logos I uploaded in the previous file.

http://www.2shared.com/file/MhT63q_n/Vodafone_iebundle.html

Here ya go mate, Hope this is ok :)

Enjoy!

Here ya go mate, Hope this is ok :)

Enjoy!

Cheers mate, how do I install these files? I just had a folder I copied across before...

And thanks again - appreciate it!

• Advertisement

Can mods please make this sticky?

Here are the packages to install MMS & Data settings, Carrier Logo (including HD logo for iPhone 4) voicemail button etc for Meteor users on iOS 4.x.x

Just install either version, depending on which iOS you are running.

Install Instructions:

1. Copy the package to /var/mobile (any method is fine, iFunBox or SSH etc)
    2. Download iFile from cydia
    3. Open iFile and navigate to /var/mobile
    4. Tap on the package and tap install.
    5. Reboot your iPhone. After reboot, you may need to remove and reinsert your sim card.

Please let me know of any issues and I will do my best to sort them out!
    Cheers mate, how do I install these files? I just had a folder I copied across before...

And thanks again - appreciate it!

Hey, see the First post for install instructions. It's not too hard!

Advertisement