Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS & Data settings and Carrier logo for iOS 4.x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cbren88

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Hey, see the First post for install instructions. It's not too hard!

Ah it worked a treat, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

cbren88 wrote: »
    Ah it worked a treat, thanks!
    Is that logo ok for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cbren88

Is that logo ok for you?

Great thanks, looks brilliant high-res.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RafaelS.

Hi. Whats settings for Tethering? Does it works in Meteor?

1I3cfE+

RafaelS. wrote: »
    Hi. Whats settings for Tethering? Does it works in Meteor?

1I3cfE+
    I suppose if you enter

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: meteor

it should work. It works with the carrier bundle so should work that way too

• Advertisement

Thanks. One more thing. Is this work with connection over bluetooth?

RafaelS. wrote: »
    Thanks. One more thing. Is this work with connection over bluetooth?
    I haven't tried it, but should do I suppose!!

It works over bluetooth. :) Thanks for help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

Right dunno what went wrong here but this after installing this MMS worke fine but 3G internet wouldnt work.

So I assumed it had the wrong APN etc, but I cant get in to change it, the option to edit is gone.

Anyone care to help lol? If I SHSH or iFunBox into the phone, what do I need to delete?

Right dunno what went wrong here but this after installing this MMS worke fine but 3G internet wouldnt work.

So I assumed it had the wrong APN etc, but I cant get in to change it, the option to edit is gone.

Anyone care to help lol? If I SHSH or iFunBox into the phone, what do I need to delete?
    Probably a simple fix - try remove and reinsert your sim?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Giantmike

Hi,

I have an iPhone 3G legally sim unlocked (I bought it to Orange France and after 6 months they unlocked it for me).

I have tried to use the data of my Pay as You Go Meteor plan (€20, free browser and free text) but it doesn't work at all.

I have set as Cellular Data settings:
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: meteor

I have tried to call Meteor but they tell me that since they don't support the iPhone, they can't help me other than telling me the data configuration, which is actually what I mentioned above.

Could you please help me to fix this problem? Am I supposed to jailbreak the device to use data of Meteor on it?

Should Meteor activate something in his network for my device in order to have data?

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

Should work straight away if you have the correct settings - and they are the correct settings. Make sure that cellular data and 3G are turned on.

You could try to install this carrier bundle, that might help you. Yes, you need to be jailbroken to install the bundle. See First post for install instructions

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hi all, looking for some help here, I having some serious issues trying to get these settings installed. I followed the instructions in post 1 to a tee except I used iphonebrowser to Copy the package to /var/mobile, I then downloaded ifile from cydia and installed the 4.0.1deb
    IMG_0314.png
    Is the errors reported a problem,

When I remove and reinsert the sim everything works fine, until I go and open up cydia, I get this
    IMG_0315.png
    and if I click ignore temp, its seems fine until I go and download anything from there and then it gives me an error on that install
    IMG_0316.png

I have selected the option to clear the error when I open cydia, however that seems to remove the MMS setting and the "Cellular Date Network" is removed from the network page which means I can manually add these settings.

Anyone any idea where I went wrong. Thanks a million

So, has anyone else come across this before, I've tried removing meteor carrier settings, untrasn0w and starting again however I'm still having the same problems. If I only install ultrasn0w then I faced with the problem of not been able to put in the settings manually because of the lack of cellular data network option.

Right folks, got this sorted, I got the handset unlocked from o2 and once ultrasn0w was removed I was able to remove these meteor setting and then put them in manually. All seems to be working fine now.

Got it sorted, ultrasn0w seemed to be the problem, got phone unlocked from o2 and problems are all now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Lads I cant change my celular data settings anymore how do i get around this ?
    And i have no idea how to install that bundle

Install instructions are on first post it's simple.

As for cellular menu, usually caused by an edited carrier bundle. Or else try remove and reinsert sim. Either way, install the bundle and it will solve it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

cant get this package to work on new fw,
    currently have no mobile internet since installing the package? is it compatible with the new fw? no mobile carrier menu and cydia asks to remove the carrier settings!

cant get this package to work on new fw,
    currently have no mobile internet since installing the package? is it compatible with the new fw? no mobile carrier menu and cydia asks to remove the carrier settings!
    Haven't updated for the new firmware yet. Will do so when I get home tonight! Sorry about that. And I presume by new firmware you mean 4.1 correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Installed the bundle got the net working but I have had MMs problems so went to install it manually I then couldnt change my cell data info because of whatever **** theyve changed. Any help

Haven't updated for the new firmware yet. Will do so when I get home tonight! Sorry about that. And I presume by new firmware you mean 4.1 correct?

4.1, Yes Sir!

Sorry it took so long, but here you are! I haven't tested it as I don't use Meteor anymore, but it should work. Just let me know if not and I'll see what I can do!

14murphy wrote: »
    Installed the bundle got the net working but I have had MMs problems so went to install it manually I then couldnt change my cell data info because of whatever **** theyve changed. Any help
    What firmware are you on?

Sorry it took so long, but here you are! I haven't tested it as I don't use Meteor anymore, but it should work. Just let me know if not and I'll see what I can do!

Perfecto! Appreciate it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 619

do you have this for 4.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 619

i tried to install this on 4.1 like u said but no look :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just tried the 4.1 update and it works a treat.. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Binder

Is there any way to make the carrier logos smaller or have none at all?

I have a few icons on my status bar and the logo is taking up too much space.

Thanks though, it works a treat on 4.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Was gonna say the same myself.. My 3G/Wifi icons don't show at the mo..

Advertisement