Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS & Data settings and Carrier logo for iOS 4.x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

619 wrote: »
    i tried to install this on 4.1 like u said but no look :(
    What device are you using?
    Binder wrote: »
    Is there any way to make the carrier logos smaller or have none at all?

I have a few icons on my status bar and the logo is taking up too much space.

Thanks though, it works a treat on 4.1

If you navigate to /var/mobile/library/carrier bundle/ just delete all the *.png files and the logo will disappear

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Sorry it took so long, but here you are! I haven't tested it as I don't use Meteor anymore, but it should work. Just let me know if not and I'll see what I can do!
    Could mods please add the link for the 4.1 version to the original post?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Binder

What device are you using?

If you navigate to /var/mobile/library/carrier bundle/ just delete all the *.png files and the logo will disappear

Thanks worked great using iFile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 619

3GS on 4.1

• Registered Users Posts: 20 vin.f

Complete iphone virgin here. My phone is factory unlocked, can I still install these bundles???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You'd have to jailbreak first

vin.f wrote: »
    Complete iphone virgin here. My phone is factory unlocked, can I still install these bundles???
    Yeah you can as long as you're jailbroken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

hi, sorry to seem like a bit of a dumb ass, but i cant get those to work, is it a case of me being a complete dumb ass. followed the steps but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

never mind original post was a bit slow and didnt read instructions properly

big thanks for this jakmeehan, i couldnt get the 3g and mms settings to stay in my iphone and then when i jailbroke with limerain the settings werent available any more and the settings in cydia didnt work either.

but this worked first time so big thanks again jakmeehan

Glad you're enjoying it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

Binder wrote: »
    Thanks worked great using iFile.

no photo editing software on my pc, would really appreciate if someone would crop the 4 carrier logos just so that its just the orange ''O*'' I think it would look better an give me more space :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm having an mms problem, anyone able to help?

I'v got all the correct settings in place, but I still can't send or receive mms messages.

Using iPhone 4, iOS 4.1jailbroken with green poison.

no photo editing software on my pc, would really appreciate if someone would crop the 4 carrier logos just so that its just the orange ''O*'' I think it would look better an give me more space :)
    just use paint ;)

just use paint ;)

paint turns the clear background white :[
    its ok i used another friends pc
    anyone wants the files, just shout! :]

paint turns the clear background white :[
    its ok i used another friends pc
    anyone wants the files, just shout! :]
    I'd actually like to see what they're like if you wouldn't mind posting them :)

I'm sure others would like to also

Examples Attached.
    Il work on uploading the files here for people asap, eay to install just put in //var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

and here are the actual logo files.
    better than the ones in my example ad the edge was cut off.

Nice :)

Still no word on the mms problem?

eeloe wrote: »
    Still no word on the mms problem?
    I think someone earlier in the thread had same problem, have you read through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Hey guys

I have an iphone 3Gs and recently had my phone unlocked moving from O2 to Meteor. The phone works fine but as Im sure you have guessed Cellular data settings or lack of them prevents me from accessing the 3G network. I do not need to Jailbreak and would rather not to try and sort this out so I am wondering has anyone got the manual details for the cellular data fields for Meteor?

Forget this I got the details. I might give that Bundle a go later. Looks pretty solid! Cheers

Ok i have tried to break the phone and failed! So I was hoping to use your package dude. Have ifunbox and that but my version is the latest on my iphone as I had to restore due to the FAIL. So can you help me out. I don't really have a clue what to do now.

Ver 4.1
    FW is 05.14.02

I should know how to follow ur intrustions but am struggling!

battser wrote: »
    Ok i have tried to break the phone and failed! So I was hoping to use your package dude. Have ifunbox and that but my version is the latest on my iphone as I had to restore due to the FAIL. So can you help me out. I don't really have a clue what to do now.

Ver 4.1
    FW is 05.14.02

I should know how to follow ur intrustions but am struggling!
    So you are jailbroken? Have you got iFile installed on your iPhone?

Just run (the latest version of) ifunbox and go to /var/mobile

Copy this file to there

Open iFile and navigate to /var/mobile and tap on the deb, press install

No mate sry its not jailbroke. I have nothing on the phone. I looked for ifile but i didn't find it? I assume its an app? Or is it the ifile.ie site?

And silly Q I know but /var/mobile has me lost. When you view the device in ifunbox on the pc I cannot see /var/mobile in any directory.

SOrry for sounding simple man.

battser wrote: »
    No mate sry its not jailbroke. I have nothing on the phone. I looked for ifile but i didn't find it? I assume its an app? Or is it the ifile.ie site?

And silly Q I know but /var/mobile has me lost. When you view the device in ifunbox on the pc I cannot see /var/mobile in any directory.

SOrry for sounding simple man.
    You must be jailbroken before you can follow any of the steps.

iFile is an app that you can download from Cydia.

When you're jailbroken, run iFunBox and on the left hand side click raw file system, then you will find it /var/mobile

read through the thread, and didn't see a mention of anyone having MMS problems?

Mine still aren't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭dizbo

Hi. For some reason I was able to download the file at the beginning of the thread but when selecting this file (for 4.1) I can't download it on the iPhone for some reason. Any suggestions why or what do to. It just opens a new page with the name of the file. I can't select it or anything. The original gave me an option to download.

You'll need to download on PC and copy to iPhone via ssh/ifunbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Jak is there a bundle for 4.1? cant seem to find that bundle cheers

• Advertisement

fox007 wrote: »
    Jak is there a bundle for 4.1? cant seem to find that bundle cheers
    Yup it's on page 8!

Advertisement