Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS & Data settings and Carrier logo for iOS 4.x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭dizbo

I installed the 4.0.1 package by mistake. I haven't got a chance to get to a pc to install the correct 4.1

I now cannot put in my carrier settings manually. Anyone know what to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

dizbo wrote: »
    I installed the 4.0.1 package by mistake. I haven't got a chance to get to a pc to install the correct 4.1

I now cannot put in my carrier settings manually. Anyone know what to do?
    It's because you installed the wrong one. Just uninstall it, reboot, install the correct one, reboot and reinsert sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 backspace1987

hey wondering if you could help me, I have a iphone 4 on 4.0 , downloaded the carrier bundle and installed, but i dont have and mms , the picture of the little camera is not there, did i do it wrong or did it not install properly , any help would be great

hey wondering if you could help me, I have a iphone 4 on 4.0 , downloaded the carrier bundle and installed, but i dont have and mms , the picture of the little camera is not there, did i do it wrong or did it not install properly , any help would be great
    Did you follow the instructions? I.e. Reboot and reinsert sim?

ye i followed all that
    when i installed it said at the end of the install it was meant for iphone 3g/3gs

• Advertisement

just wondering if theres one to work with iphone 4yet?

tried the one on the first page again , i get the same error about being for iphone 3g/3gs

just wondering if theres one to work with iphone 4yet?

tried the one on the first page again , i get the same error about being for iphone 3g/3gs
    Works on my iPhone 4 no problems... are you sure you're installing the correct one for your firmware version?

pretty sure, took the 4.0 which is what i have

right at the end has only for i phone 3g/3gs stopping install
    finished with result code 0

pretty sure, took the 4.0 which is what i have

right at the end has only for i phone 3g/3gs stopping install
    finished with result code 0
    Code 0 usually means it installed ok - never heard of anyone with that "only for i phone 3g/3gs stopping install" error before

just a screen shot of the install, http://img255.imageshack.us/i/img0730.png

when i go into cydia then i notice that the meteor carrier bundle is installed , but obviously isnt, as i dont have the logo and i entered all the details myself,

appreciate the help and even taking the time to answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Right, I'm obviously an idiot!

I'm running an iPhone 4 on 4.2.1, jailbroken.
    I'm trying to install the 3 settings from the first page.
    I've transferred the 3 deb files into /var/mobile on the phone.
    I've tried to install one at a time, all of them, etc., but the logo doesn't change (haven't tried mms settings and such).

So do any of the deb files work with 4.2.1?
    How do I uninstall and start again? Is it literally a case of delete the deb files?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

anyone having trouble with the App Store on meteor the last while?

when you go in to an app to purchase it on 3g, you get the horrible white screen with lots of code?

Happens the whole time!

Never had trouble like that I'm afraid.

Anyway of downloading the package for 4.1 via te iPhone. I'm just really looking for my voicemail to work to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

After 2 months of not figuring out why this wouldnt work I found I was installing the wrong os bundle my god am I happy now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE METEOR MICRO SIMS?

Carphone warehouse are denying that there is such a thing!

just a screen shot of the install, http://img255.imageshack.us/i/img0730.png

when i go into cydia then i notice that the meteor carrier bundle is installed , but obviously isnt, as i dont have the logo and i entered all the details myself,

appreciate the help and even taking the time to answer

After having a bit of a poke around the postinst script, it seems that the "only for 3G/3GS" error appears when you are using the incorrect file for your firmware.

You are trying the 4.0 deb, are you 100% sure you're on 4.0? As opposed to 4.0.1/4.0.2.
    Soarer wrote: »
    Right, I'm obviously an idiot!

I'm running an iPhone 4 on 4.2.1, jailbroken.
    I'm trying to install the 3 settings from the first page.
    I've transferred the 3 deb files into /var/mobile on the phone.
    I've tried to install one at a time, all of them, etc., but the logo doesn't change (haven't tried mms settings and such).

So do any of the deb files work with 4.2.1?
    How do I uninstall and start again? Is it literally a case of delete the deb files?

Thanks.

4.2.1 is untested but I can all but guarantee these debs wont work with it. Maybe I'll make one for it soon :)

You can uninstall it from Cydia at any time.
    dizbo wrote: »
    Never had trouble like that I'm afraid.

Anyway of downloading the package for 4.1 via te iPhone. I'm just really looking for my voicemail to work to be honest.

If you have safari download manager installed you could download it with that.
    Iancar29 wrote: »

Any Meteor store should stock them!

Iancar29 wrote: »

We dont do them in Carphone warehouse. I had to cut mine up. But meteor stores should have them in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    4.2.1 is untested but I can all but guarantee these debs wont work with it. Maybe I'll make one for it soon :)

You can uninstall it from Cydia at any time.

Thank you kindly good sir.

Here is the new bundle. This should work with all iOS 4 revisions (4.0-4.2.1). Again, I haven't tested it as I am no longer with Meteor but it should work. Any issues let me know!

(Can mods please replace the attachment in the first post with this new one, and remove the line "Just install either version, depending on which iOS you are running."? Thanks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 time4tea

The Bundle works a treat but manual settings are as follows:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: My
    Password: Meteor

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username: My
    Password: Meteor
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799#
    MMS Max Message size: 307200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 tunepimper

Hi,

I'm getting error code 256 when I try to install this. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

TP

tunepimper wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm getting error code 256 when I try to install this. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

TP
    Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tunepimper

Hi jakmeehan,

Here you go, thanks!

TP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daoconnor/5423164614/

tunepimper wrote: »
    Hi jakmeehan,

Here you go, thanks!

TP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daoconnor/5423164614/
    Your problem is that you have another version of the bundle installed. Uninstall the old version through cydia before trying the 4.x version

Guys im having problems I installed the 4.0 bundle months ago and all of a sudden it wont let me connect to the internet. It wont connect on maps or in the browser but strangely enough lets me send messages through jelly sms. It could be meteor. Anybody got any ideas of what it could be. Cheers.

Lads even bigger problem now. I thought i would delete then re install my the carrier bundle for meteror 4.0 but when i finished it nothing happened at all it now looks like it wont except my sim card and im getting no service at all can anyone help me cos im freaking out a lil.

EDIT: RE-installed for a second time and got it to recognise my sim again but still not letting me use the internet when on 3G but will let me use jelly app strange huh ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Have you manually entered the son settings?

14murphy wrote: »
    Lads even bigger problem now. I thought i would delete then re install my the carrier bundle for meteror 4.0 but when i finished it nothing happened at all it now looks like it wont except my sim card and im getting no service at all can anyone help me cos im freaking out a lil.

EDIT: RE-installed for a second time and got it to recognise my sim again but still not letting me use the internet when on 3G but will let me use jelly app strange huh ?
    Have you tried removing and reinserting your sim?

Ok so im an idiot. It turns out my credit ran out and I was using Meteors txt and surf offer and I had exceeded my 2GB allowance for the month. Im an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Sweet, just done this now, looks and works great. Thanks.

Advertisement