Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS & Data settings and Carrier logo for iOS 4.x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fran74

Hi all,

hope this is the right board to post my query, if not please redirect!

I'm trying to figure out how to use push notifications on my IPhone 4 (Meteor network). I think all my settings are fine, but the only thing I got working is some occasional gmail being pushed through and exclusively when I have WiFi on. Twitter or any other email accounts I have set are totally silent. I wonder if this is normal. I have cellular data activated also, but without the Wifi on I don't get even the gmail mails. Oh and I have the OS 4.3 just updated, but I never tried the push notification system before, so I'm not sure if it ever worked.
    Any help greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

fran74 wrote: »
    Hi all,

hope this is the right board to post my query, if not please redirect!

I'm trying to figure out how to use push notifications on my IPhone 4 (Meteor network). I think all my settings are fine, but the only thing I got working is some occasional gmail being pushed through and exclusively when I have WiFi on. Twitter or any other email accounts I have set are totally silent. I wonder if this is normal. I have cellular data activated also, but without the Wifi on I don't get even the gmail mails. Oh and I have the OS 4.3 just updated, but I never tried the push notification system before, so I'm not sure if it ever worked.
    Any help greatly appreciated!
    Are you jailbroken? If so, download Push Doctor from cydia. That should sort you out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fran74

hi thanks for the reply, my phone wasn't locked so I thought there shouldn't have been a problem. Strangely though today it seems to work just fine...I'll monitor the situation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Hey, just wondering is there any chance of an update for 4.3.1?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone know how to get the voicemail button to work, I am after porting over from O2 to Meteor.

• Advertisement

Charlie wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get the voicemail button to work, I am after porting over from O2 to Meteor.
    As far as I know, the only way to get that is by jailbreaking and installing this bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I can't believe you only got 6 thanks for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Paddy_P

any fix for 4.3.3?

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Are you jailbroken? If so, download Push Doctor from cydia. That should sort you out :)

theres a new fully stable 100% way to get push back!
    If you are hactivated you will not have a unique push cert (the person using the cert last will get push)

do you know anyone with an officially unlocked iPhone?
    *if so skip step 4*
    *if not move to step 4*
    Step 1: first on your friends officially activated iPhone you must download the new MobileTerminal from Cydia (on repo cydia.xSellize.com) Download Nimble and inject from here http://xs1.iphwn.org/releases/PushFix.zip there are more instructions in pushfix.zip. SSH (using WinSCP or other) into /var/Keychains and place nimble and inject here.

STEP 2:Use iFile from Cydia to change the permissions of nimble and inject:
    open ifile, you should see a path like /var/mobile on the top go back to /var/ then open the Keychains folder, you should see nimble and inject hit the little arrow on the right (looks like this symbol > ) scroll down you should see "Ownership" change Owner to "mobile" and Group to "Staff" . Now go to "Access Permissions" click into user and tick Read Write and Execute, do this for Group and World.

STEP 3: When thats done open Terminal and type as follows:
    su
    (it will ask for a password the default is alpine)
    now type:
    cd /var/Keychains
    then:
    chmod +x ./nimble
    (this has made nimble executable)
    Now type:
    ./nimble
    some script should run.
    Now SSH into /var/Keychains and drag the 4 .bin files to your computer. you now have the files you need to make your certs genuine.

STEP 4: Please contact me il give you the genuine files you need

STEP 5: install MobileTerminal and place nimble and inject on the iPhone you wish to fix the certs on (same way as steps 1 and 2) and change the permissions etc (in step 2 above). also in iFile in /var/Keychains rename keychain-2.db (or something like it) as a backup.

STEP 6: Now open Terminal and type:
    su
    (then the password)
    then:
    chmod +x inject
    then:
    ./inject
    (a script will run)

STEP 7: Uninstall the apps that use push and reboot your iPhone. when thats done you need to check youtube (to see if its working) reinstall a push app and open it. this will activate your new certs. go to cydia and add the repo : cydia.pushfix.info and download "push checker" . Run Push checker to see if your certs are unique.

Works on all iPhones as of NOW (4.3.3 and lower)
    I presume it will always work on any firmware.
    And you *DONT* have to be on the same Firmware as the person giving you the certs.
    FINALLY done :)

Thanks for that Paddy_P :)

Here's an updated version that will work up to and including iOS 4.3.3.

It /SHOULD/ also enable Personal Hotspot (not sure if this is already available for meteor without bundle?) using standard APN so no further charges will be incurred for tethering. Please note I have not tested this as I don't have a Meteor SIM anymore so don't blame me if you get charged :P

I would appreciate it if someone could test all and let me know if it's working.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil ! And if people are having to type there network info in manually go to Cydia and from repo : Cydia.pushfix.info install "Carrier reset fix" then pop your sim out and put it back in. :)

Paddy_P wrote: »
    Thanks a mil ! And if people are having to type there network info in manually go to Cydia and from repo : Cydia.pushfix.info install "Carrier reset fix" then pop your sim out and put it back in. :)
    Is it all working ok for you?

Is it all working ok for you?

like a charm just had to run carrier reset fix and it worked perfectly :)

where do i find wifi hotspot?

Paddy_P wrote: »
    like a charm just had to run carrier reset fix and it worked perfectly :)

where do i find wifi hotspot?

Nice ;)

Personal Hotspot should be on the main settings page, with Wifi and Airplane Mode etc.

Not sure if it will work but thought i'd give it a shot...

Nice ;)

Personal Hotspot should be on the main settings page, with Wifi and Airplane Mode etc.

Not sure if it will work but thought i'd give it a shot...

Thanks!

Personal hotspot isnt there for me, maybe it worked for others?

(awating someones responce :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭shanemul

Works like a treat for me including the personal hotspot :)

shanemul wrote: »
    Works like a treat for me including the personal hotspot :)

Kool! hmm il try reinstall :P prob just my phone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

Just to let you all know, there are official iPhone setting from Meteor. A message popped up when I plugged in my iPhone to sync some new music. I just pressed cancel though because I didn't have time to get them as I had to go out. Dunno if they have personal hotspot enabled or not. Will update you when I know more :)

Jafin wrote: »
    Just to let you all know, there are official iPhone setting from Meteor. A message popped up when I plugged in my iPhone to sync some new music. I just pressed cancel though because I didn't have time to get them as I had to go out. Dunno if they have personal hotspot enabled or not. Will update you when I know more :)

unfortunately it doesnt come with the kool meteor logo il be putting a solution to this (winterboard theme) in Cydia called "Original Meteor Logo" thanks to Jakmeehan for the logo in his bundles all credit goes to him.
    Should be up tomorrow (i hope)

Jafin wrote: »
    Chances are the personal hotspot (if enabled) will use a tethering APN, forcing you to pay extra. If not tho that's great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭dizbo

I accepted the new meteor settings and all seems good so far. Don't see any charges so far for the hotspot. I'm on bill pay smart lite 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Seeing as Meteor have now released official carrier settings, I'm going to un-sticky this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

dizbo wrote: »
    I accepted the new meteor settings and all seems good so far. Don't see any charges so far for the hotspot. I'm on bill pay smart lite 30.

Orly? That's good to know. I declined the update as I didn't want tethering to be removed from my phone, but if you're sure all is still the same then I might as well just accept it..

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

time4tea wrote: »
    The Bundle works a treat but manual settings are as follows:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: My
    Password: Meteor

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799#
    MMS Max Message size: 307200
    Can anyone please help me with this? I have entered all these settings on my 3gs for my meteor sim. The sms screen allows me add a photo but it goes to about 90% and then fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

mms seems to be hit and miss with meteor, try reset network setting in settings>reset

SONIC2008 wrote: »
    time4tea wrote: »
    The Bundle works a treat but manual settings are as follows:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799#
    MMS Max Message size: 307200
    Can anyone please help me with this? I have entered all these settings on my 3gs for my meteor sim. The sms screen allows me add a photo but it goes to about 90% and then fails.

You shouldn't need to manually enter these settings anymore since meteor have an official carrier bundle now. Just connect to iTunes and it should ask you to accept the new settings, or if you're on iOS 5 they should be on your iPhone already

MMS? WhatsApp is the future!

whats app ahs being removed from the app store afaik

guil wrote: »
    whats app ahs being removed from the app store afaik
    http://twitter.com/whatsapp

• Advertisement

its strange though, apps don't generally get removed when an update is submitted for approval

Advertisement