Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which of these wetsuits?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Have you actually tried any of these on...

I'd go with the one that fits best

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

yep iv tried both the ripcurls on and the quick silver and they all fit like a glove, and im currently in a c-skins which fits perfectly, just lookin for peoples thoughts about warmth, flexability, build quality and wetsuit life and other opinions on them. theres only so much you can tell by trying one on a warm dry shop changing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Ive heard good things about the F bomb. Its the one im planning on getting for the winter. Its essentially the same as the E bomb but with the hood?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bicker

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

I got the E-Bomb just over a year ago. I treated it very well but the seams on the lower arms started to come apart after 8 or 9 months. The seams are fine everywhere else on the suit but ill need to send back the suit to rip curl for repair, lifetime guarantee on the seams. (dont think they will replace it as not enough damage). Its a shame because its the best fitting suit ive ever worn, very flexible and warm. Not too bothered though, i only paid £143/175 euro for it online which was over a hundred euros cheaper than it was in some surf shops!

The xcels look interesting but do people find them a bit too restrictive? never tried one on myself.

• Advertisement

i tried them all on again today and i found that the ripcurl e bomb 5/3 cz to be the best bang for your buck. for example the quicksilver cypher is taped but not liquid seamed, where the ripcurl is for almost 80e less. has anyone tried the f bomb 5/3 cz without the hood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

I personally thought the build quality on both my xcels (hooded 5-3 infinity x- zip and 4-3 infiniti chest zip) appaling. Seams were gone on the 5-3 within 6 weeks from new and spent 5 weeks getting repaired. They had a great reputation 4-5 years ago but there latest ranges have been cat, most of my mates have left them.

Ripcurl make really comfy and warm suits but they dont last pissing time. My old e bomb lasted only a single winter before it literally started to fall apart.

Ive been using an o'neill psycho 2 suit the last two winters and its still in great shape.

one or two years ago xcel had a bad batch of every wetsuit they made and they all fell apart. they haven't recovered since, the new ebombs are supposed to be much better! new e3 neoprene.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have the e-bomb 5/3, got it almost 2 years ago. Keeps my nice and toasty in the winter. Ended up buying a thermal rash with a hood to go with it but I dont think i needed the rash vest.

id say i might buy a thin rashy with a hood for when it gets very chilly. other wise i could combine it with my c-skins thermal for added warmth! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

cpoh1 wrote: »
    I personally thought the build quality on both my xcels (hooded 5-3 infinity x- zip and 4-3 infiniti chest zip) appaling. Seams were gone on the 5-3 within 6 weeks from new and spent 5 weeks getting repaired. They had a great reputation 4-5 years ago but there latest ranges have been cat, most of my mates have left them.

Ripcurl make really comfy and warm suits but they dont last pissing time. My old e bomb lasted only a single winter before it literally started to fall apart.

Have to agree both xcel and rip curls do not last. I have used a C-skin Wired over the past few winters, warm as toast , really comfortable and it does not fall apart. Best suit I ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

the new ebombs are supposed to be much better! new e3 neoprene.
    have it and my seams still went!
    really comfortable and it does not fall apart. Best suit I ever had.
    Sounds good
    Do many other ppl have c-skins wetsuit? Verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I have the O'Neill Epic II, definitely the warmest and most flexible suit I've had. I know its not the same as the Mutant but O'Neill gets my vote. Not a fan of Rip Curl from past experiences!

Advertisement