Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling to college, advice for gear.

• 22-08-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I have a raleigh Pioneer 6 speed DSC02557.jpg
    I'm thinking of kitting out to do a 28km daily commute to UCD from Coolock.

I'd like some advice on the following.

A comfortable, possibly springed seat that won't bruise the bottom :rolleyes:

between 30-50 euro

A Pannier rack for the rear to hold a top pannier bag,(but possibly side one's too)
    (one on the bike is rusted)
    Between 25-40 euro

A good sized top pannier bag which has the capacity to hold at least an a4 sized book.

between 40-70 euro

And finally and most importantly a wheelset? from what I've read It's probably best to get touring wheels? I'd need 700c wheels, but unsure what width to go with? or tyres?

Would it be cheaper to get a lbs to build wheels from my Mailard hubs as I'd still like to keep the cassette. Or would it be cheaper to buy a new set?

General emphasis on strenght and durability for the wheel.

*Edit* Decided to keep the front wheel whilst building a back wheel to take the load

Buying online is ok and so are prices from any bike shop around dublin

Any advice would be much appreciated as I have little knowledge of the matter :o

Comments

Advertisement