Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing bichon frise

Options
  • 22-08-2010 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

hi, my little bichon frise has gone missing since last nightfrom the saggart citywest area, he has been microchipped..is there anyway he can be tracked?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You need to search yourself in all the areas you normally walk the dog, or anywhere you go visiting with the dog. Put posters up all over the place, local shops, vets, pet shops, hardware shops etc.
    Notify the local and non local pounds straight away (even leave a message on their machine) if the dog ends up in the pound you might not get the dog back they have 5 days.
    Log on to lostandfounds.ie and irishanimals.ie etc. and post on the lost sections.
    Contact you local radio stations and have them make an appeal.
    Also get on to your local paper(s) and pay to put an ad in.
    Word of mouth also, call to neighbours and let them know.

Contact your local animal shelters and let them know too.

The microchip will only help if someone finds him and has him scanned, if the dog doesn't have an id tag then it's going to be harder to find him, some people won't think to have him scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Hope you find him Oceanman. Any news?

I definitely think posters are the way to go if you think he is just lost. Also door to door calls.

Do you think there is a chance he could have been stolen?

If so, you will need to keep an eye out on for sale ads on certain websites.

The best of luck. You must be going through hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You need to report the loss to the nearest Garda station & make sure that they put it in the book. Also if you do not have a license for the dog I would get one asap. In Irish law whoever owns the license owns the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

well i have reported the loss to the gaurds, put up some photos around the area he was lost! no luck yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

That is terrible - you must be up the walls! Take the advice above about the pound and contact the dog warden in your area - many people report a straying dog to the warden.
    It is also quite possible that someone has taken him in and, believe it or not, they often do nothing about trying to find an owner. So make sure you plaster the place in posters and offer a reward - that can make a big difference.
    Please keep us all posted on how you are doing - we are all thinking of you:)

• Advertisement

thanks for that shazanne, hopefully someone will find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleWhiteDog

Oceanman I really feel terrible for you and hope you find your little dog soon. I have a bichon too which is why I clicked on this thread. A friend of mine lost her dog and it was missing for two weeks. Then he turned up on her friend's doorstep 20 miles away, they have no idea how he found it as they only ever went there in the car! I really hope your little dog turns up soon, make sure to ring ANIMARK to check your dog's microchip details and make sure they have the correct address and phone number to contact you when the dog is found.

Oceanman I really feel terrible for you and hope you find your little dog soon. I have a bichon too which is why I clicked on this thread. A friend of mine lost her dog and it was missing for two weeks. Then he turned up on her friend's doorstep 20 miles away, they have no idea how he found it as they only ever went there in the car! I really hope your little dog turns up soon, make sure to ring ANIMARK to check your dog's microchip details and make sure they have the correct address and phone number to contact you when the dog is found.

Excellent advice!:)

great news everyone! got my little dog back today, a woman found him near where he was lost, thought he looked confused so brought him home, then just today she seen our poster in the local shop and rang me.
    a big thankyou to everyone here in this site that helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleWhiteDog

That's great news! Glad your little dog is home safe and sound!

• Advertisement

I am thrilled for you! I hope he's no worse for wear after his adventure! Post a few photos of him so we can all admire him and welcome him home:)

Advertisement