Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know the points

• 22-08-2010 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I cant tell you how, but I promise you I have had a look at the points list 2010 ucc only, and I can tell you business courses have dropped significantly, I thought I didnt get enough points for my course but I was wrong it dropped a good bit. As proof, arts is 350 in ucc and accounting is 470, commerce is 430. Nearly all courses have dropped or stayed the same, science courses went up slightly, but as the average results were much lower this year.

<ModEdit>

No insult intended to poster, who may be genuine, but ...

It is very easy for an anonymous person to post up points and claim to have gotten a look at the list ... all such "revelations" should be taken with a large grain of salt until tomorrow.

R.

</ModEdit>

Aaaand ... poster turned out to be genuine / accurate!

And got her own course ... congrats!! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Medicine?

you know an admissions officer in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

My best friend is 10 points short of what she wanted in UCC, it's an engineering course, do you know if they dropped by 10 points, please PLEASE, she is devastated and has settled on repeating, do you know if it's possible that the course dropped in points???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 whatwhat

Mr Cawley wrote: »
    Medicine?

you know an admissions officer in UCC

Sorry didnt see it, I was told science courses went up slightly, no I dont, I will just say this all the newspapers in the country have had the list since friday

My best friend is 10 points short of what she wanted in UCC, it's an engineering course, do you know if they dropped by 10 points, please PLEASE, she is devastated and has settled on repeating, do you know if it's possible that the course dropped in points???

I only checked about six courses sorry, but I wouldnt be surprized if it dropped by 10 points alot of things did

whatwhat wrote: »
    Sorry didnt see it, I was told science courses went up slightly, no I dont, I will just say this all the newspapers in the country have had the list since friday

Are the papers not estimated points? because they were 5 years ago-fact.

also, in years gone by, est. points would be in the papers before the offers but not this year because offers are on a monday and the papers won't work over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

any idea of Law? :D

Mr Cawley wrote: »
    Are the papers not estimated points? because they were 5 years ago-fact

no they are given the cao points list each year, estimates? thats crazy, why would they print them, what would be the point of that

no they are given the cao points list each year, estimates? thats crazy, why would they print them, what would be the point of that

five years ago it was provisional points in the paper for guideline purposes. It came out the day after the results. Are these official CAO results they release now? Regardless, nobody can know until they recieve an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Now I'm not saying that you haven't seen the points list...

However...

Today's Irish Times: points for Engineering have generally increased marginally.

So...

Im fairly positive it is, but could someone clear this up? the times posted the cao at 12 midnight last year so I doubt they would do that with estimates seems pointless....geddit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

I cant tell you how, but I promise you I have had a look at the points list 2010 ucc only, and I can tell you business courses have dropped significantly, I thought I didnt get enough points for my course but I was wrong it dropped a good bit. As proof, arts is 350 in ucc and accounting is 470, commerce is 430. Nearly all courses have dropped or stayed the same, science courses went up slightly, but as the average results were much lower this year.

if this is true and it's an echo of the country as a whole, i will be very happy going into next year as i intend to be filling my CAO with all business courses

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Fernicia

I don't suppose you saw Computer Science?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I smell me a troll...

Im fairly positive it is, but could someone clear this up? the times posted the cao at 12 midnight last year so I doubt they would do that with estimates seems pointless....geddit?

It may well have changed-it would be better if it had as those provisional points only gave students heart attacks back then, myself included!

Good luck to everyone

if this is true and it's an echo of the country as a whole, i will be very happy going into next year as i intend to be filling my CAO with all business courses

I cant say whether its countrywide or not but in ucc anyway they have so Im unsure

Fernicia wrote: »
    I don't suppose you saw Computer Science?

No I heard science courses went up slightly

commerce:430
    finance:435
    arts:350
    food science:335
    nutritional science:475
    accounting: 470

Thats all I got Im not a troll btw

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Fernicia

I smell me a troll...
    I know. You're probably right, but I'm so anxious that even a troll's estimate is soothing to me.

Well, all I can say is I hope you are not, it would be a shame to get people's hopes up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Well, all I can say is I hope you are not, it would be a shame to get people's hopes up...

Immediately thought he was BUT he's not saying "I HAVE THE FULL LIST OF POINTS OMG"

The points were finalised on Friday right? Seems very plausible that somebody knows the points for a few courses in their college:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I wouldn't pay much attention to speculated points, or random internet strangers claiming to have the points, at the time when everybody is edgy waiting for them.

You'll find out for definite at 6am tomorrow morning - maybe even beforehand if any of the papers are leaked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

No point sitting here looking for points.You won't know for definate till tomorrow so just wait an stop worrying

That would be a sick thing to do, when I got my results and thought I didnt get my course I was gutted, now I know I got it, I wouldnt get peoples hopes up when I know how it feels to think you didnt get it, anyways when the points come out tomorrow you might remember this thread and say I guess he was telling the truth, so good luck, and are the newspaper points the official points?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

No I heard science courses went up slightly

commerce:430
    finance:435
    arts:350
    food science:335
    nutritional science:475
    accounting: 470

Thats all I got Im not a troll btw

I wouldn't listen to you.

Different colleges have different points.
    Trinity ucd are always the highest for business courses infact every thing.

Maynooth and nuig are one of the lowest for arts and business at 350- 375 but itmight go up.

Differentiate arts from business.

In maynooth university finance and accounting is categorized under arts.

So what's art subject then.

Is finance and accounting among them??

No need for luck, I've already got what I wanted. Three years ago when I was awaiting my CAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I wouldn't pay much attention to speculated points, or random internet strangers claiming to have the points, at the time when everybody is edgy waiting for them.

You'll find out for definite at 6am tomorrow morning - maybe even beforehand if any of the papers are leaked!

This tbh.

OP - you may be genuine, I don't know. But the points will be released tomorrow at 6am so there isn't that long a wait. So I really don't think this thread is necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement