Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping Illegally In Apartment Bin?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

The apartment next door to me is rented out to a family. Every so often I see their landlord arriving in his car and dumping bags of his own rubbish into the communal big bin shared by the apartment block (6 units). This is really annoying me, as he really fills it with his stuff. This morning I went to put my own rubbish in, and there was no room for mine! It was that full he had left 3 full bags sitting beside the bin.

Can anyone offer some guidance please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 electrofrog

Sorry to hear your having problems I'm no expert but would be thinking if the landlord owns the premesis then he is probably allowed to use the apartment bins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Not if he's not living there. Communal bins are for domestic waste generated within the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

athtrasna wrote: »
    Not if he's not living there. Communal bins are for domestic waste generated within the development.

I doubt that this is actually written in any contract.

While I certainly don't approve, I doubt there is much that can be done. The landlord is a unit owner, and pays the management fees, which include refuse disposal.

But, you could take this issue up with the management agent and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a matter for the management company. Depending the age of the estate, the landlord is probably a member of the management company, so may have every right to dump his rubbish there, within the estate's rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

totally agree with the other posts its probably not against the rules but its a little abusive of the services provided under the mangement fee.

That said if I was paying X amount for management fees and that included refuse charges honestly id probably do the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I used to see this in one place I lived - always big fancy cars with well dressed (stingy) people. It eventually dawned on me that these were the owners (most places were rented out).

Nothing much you can do really - mention to the management company that the bin is insufficient for the level of waste dumped in it anyway.

Advertisement