Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nipple piercing?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone I got my nipple pierced yesterday and I think its pierced wrong and im just looking for some input, I got my left nipple pierced and the piercer didnt just pierce my nipple he also pierced a part of the areola on one side (so it goes through one side of my nipple and comes out my areola on the other side) I was just wondering is this wrong? and will it cause me any complications? im a man by the way if that makes any difference. thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Since you're male, yes they did pierce it wrong. In most cases, a female nipple is pierced through the nipple itself. There are exceptions, such as very small nipples but usually it's through the nipple. For a male, however, due to the fact that the nipples are usually smaller and to avoid the risk of ripping or migration, the piercing should go through the areola, at the base of the nipple. It's a tricky one to get right and is one piercing that usually shows the difference between a good piercer and someone who puts holes in people. Without seeing your piercing I wouldn't be able to comment on potential complications but if you'd like to p.m. me I'll give you my email address and you can send me a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Yes, it's wrong.

Your best bet is to go to another piercer and get them to have a look. (I'd recommend Snakebite) I got mine done in Celestial Ring, she pierced my areola instead of the nipple itself and it had begun to migrate on one side. :mad:

Complete waste of money. Go see Rob or Steve in Snakebite and they might be able to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

LisaLee wrote: »
    Yes, it's wrong.

Your best bet is to go to another piercer and get them to have a look. (I'd recommend Snakebite) I got mine done in Celestial Ring, she pierced my areola instead of the nipple itself and it had begun to migrate on one side. :mad:

Complete waste of money. Go see Rob or Steve in Snakebite and they might be able to help :)

Yeah I got both my nipples done in Metal Morphosis last year, and they were both pierced wrong, ended up taking them out after a month because they were still in rag order.

+1 on the Snakebite suggestion. Any piercings I ever get in there, I've had no problems with.

Advertisement