Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who here has based their load out?

• 22-08-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

Who here has based your load out on a famous army or Special forces or a fictional character

if you have who or whom was it and what is your load out and when was it bought?

for example i based one of my many loud outs on Ghost from MW2 i have the skully,hoodie,gloves,holster,glasses

and i had an old SAS based all black BDU gas mask outfit that i sold ages ago but i miss it :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I have my loadout based around a GSG-9 look. But not 100% accurate. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

Roughly based on afghan-soviet loadout. Although don't have the correct boots etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,449 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Never knew it but mine's based on the USMC :)
    M4 with Beretta M9 as backup plus I have the marpat uniform as well which is really excellent for forestry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Shanewalsh

Hamas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Fictional here - specifically Imperial Guard from Warhammer 40k...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

mainly multi period russian, vdv afgan and vdv flora 90s along with generic modern russian { non specific unit }, went with this area as it is not that common a lot of reference material is available and it relatively easy to source genuine items at reasonable prices

have a idf impression as its simple and practical

working on a ksk and us ranger impression ( well have to have at least one non greenside kit list :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

not 100% accurate but it's based on the the U.N.I.T. Loadout from Doctor Who, just need to get a cap badge for my beret

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

I fell in love also with the modern day era US. Ranger loadout. I've got some help from Zaitsev on Arnies Airsoft and also on AirsoftForum.

Its still in the works but, and I'm torn between soft-shells and MultiCam combat shirts. xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

US Army Ranger, circa 1993(Black Hawk Down).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Puding wrote: »
    have a idf impression as its simple and practical

May need to pick your brains on the idf impression Puding - need something realistic to go with the galil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Mines a loose sf/pmc loadout. Thinking
    Of making an Irish one soon.

May need to pick your brains on the idf impression Puding - need something realistic to go with the galil.

any time - a look at maron dolphin vest i did if your interested http://www.redbadger.org/main/2009/10/12/marom-dolphin-special-forces-tactical-vest-tv7711.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Sound man Puding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭paddycam

mines bassed on the sas look from call of duty 4.British dpm pants,black wollie jumper and dpm baseball cap,all i need now is a od molle vest and im done.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

I made a thread about this a while back but dealing mostly with teams.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055829756

We wear Russian Digital VDV uniforms and use modern equipment in a VDV recon unit's light infantry loadout. Similar to this photo, but much more modern and 21st century:
    4ce5e9fae393.jpg

There are photos of us in my signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

British Army temperate loadout. Just need one more utility pouch to complete my PLCE webbing. Would like to build a current British Army Afghanistan loadout, but I don't have the funds :(

Next on my list after that will be an early Vietnam USMC or a Vietnam SF Military Advisor loadout, with a GBB M14 but that'll be a long time in the making

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Next on my list after that will be an early Vietnam USMC or a Vietnam SF Military Advisor loadout, with a GBB M14 but that'll be a long time in the making

The early advisors just used OD fatigues so you can do an impression by cutting corners and then add to it with time if you're stuck for funds. OD fatigues (but make sure they're the VN milspec ones), webbing belt with pouches/canteen, and if you're doing USMC, a crap-hat.

The GBB m14 though ... can't help you there :P

As for my own load-outs; I need to search boards for a particular picture first before I start.

Does said picture contain a stoner and a pair of jeans
    ?

I've a bunch of load-outs, ranging from the anally accurate to the "throw on jeans and webbing belt and call it scruffy-soft";

Period Accurate:

Vietnam:
    I took inspiration for my infantry look from a couple of different films; most notably Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, & We were soldiers, and of course the TV show Tour of Duty.

My SOG/Seal inspiration is taken from a photograph (see below) taken in Vietnam, of a SEAL holding a Stoner 63 LMG. Whilst I've also taken a bit of inspiration from Tour of Duty (Season 3), most of the inspiration was taken from the photograph.

P1010004Large.jpg

Thank you to Puding for finding that picture in this thread.

WW2:
    My WW2 impression is a work in progress, namely a British 6th Airborne paratrooper during Operation Market Garden (inspired very much by "A bridge too far" and "The longest day").

I can field a US infantry look at a pinch using my VN greens and the M1 helmet with either my Garand or BAR.

WW2 specific kit (even repro) is incredibly expensive; hence why the British airborne loadout is still on-going.

Iraq/Afghanistan
    I've the makings of a UK DDPM Iraq/Afghan loadout. Need webbing and osprey armour vest to complete. Oh, and a Gimpy, yes please!

Generic

I have a generic US special forces load-out using US tri-colour woodland BDUs and I also have a pakka (sp?), so I can run around in jeans, with "body armour" and a USP Compact for some 24-inspired giggles.

I'm interested in gathering together a russian look; both georgian conflict, and if I can find the money and time; a VDV afghan look.

Puding wrote: »
    Does said picture contain a stoner and a pair of jeans
    ?

No, that's the other picture with about ten guys, levis, and the world's supply of squad support weapons (I was very jealous) :pac:

Edit: this one

Seals,%20Juliet%20Platoon,%201970.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

S.W.A.T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Lemming wrote: »
    No, that's the other picture with about ten guys, levis, and the world's supply of squad support weapons (I was very jealous) :pac:

Edit: this one

Not to mention the world's supply of jeans. D: Is that not an incredibly silly thing to do? Wear jeans into a jungle?

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Not to mention the world's supply of jeans. D: Is that not an incredibly silly thing to do? Wear jeans into a jungle?

Apparently not ...

At an educated guess; judging by the silly amount of firepower the above team were carrying, that may have been a SEAL team operating in somewhere like the mekong delta off riverine patrol boats, where stronger material such as denim might have been a bit more robust/comfortable/etc. when jumping on/off all manner of metal.

Edit: Not so sure on my educated guess about denim and patrol boats; from further reading the SEALs just did pretty much whatever they wanted - mixed & matched kit to look as unconventional to the enemy as possible and add to the "wtf?" reaction.

However, the unit in question can be found here in another photo beside a river dock, albeit in different attire Wiki link

Interesting read: clicky; and do a search for "denim" for first entry point.

from my understanding they where used because the bdus of the day just where not as well made as know and could not stand up to the abuse the seal put there gear thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Well i have an US Army themed loadout, full acu and interceptor. Then a Germany bundeswehr based loadout, though the g36 is now tan...

Then I have my Italian loadout, which i hope to get an FNC for because it's the closest i've seen to an AR70/90 out there, unless there is one and i'm blind.

Otherwise my loadouts are just bits of gear i liked and threw together.

Next in line is some form of Russian loadout!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭MWoods

I was gonna get a load out like the Rangers in Black Hawk Down. Lack of money however forced me to abandon that idea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Thinking of doing one bsed on Adrian Shephard from Half Life:Opfor although running around in a gas mask would be a bitch as well as limit visibility

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CaptainCook

I based mine on Ravenwood from Jericho TV series. They are utter scumbags. These guys make Blackwater look like the salvation army.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

I've based my new loadout on a US Navy Seals Team. I got the idea from the movie Tears Of The Sun. I got most of my BDU, Vest etc from ehobby asia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement