Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Issue

• 22-08-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Got UPC for the first time during the week.
    All is fine and things look great, but for one problem.
    I have two laptops, the first connects no problem but the second doesn't.

It can connect through WiFi to the router and the connection bars are green ("excellent connection") but no programme actually works with it.
    I can't browse, use skype etc.

I am autodetecting settings, have set the router to 'open' and tried numerous other things, but can't seem to get it to work.

Any suiggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dark Nex

Sounds like a similar problem to mine. One xbox has open NAT and the other has strict NAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sounds like a firewall is blocking the connection. Without knowing which firewall you use, or if the router has a built-in firewall, I can't really give any advice on what to check there.

We can assume the router is configured correctly since the other laptop works fine with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Got it, thanks lads.
    Apparently I wasn't auto detecting everything, it was a DHCP problem.

Advertisement