Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holly Burns X Factor

Options
  • 22-08-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just posting this incase anybody missed her. Holly Burns was shown on the XTRA Factor instead of the main show, which I don't know why because she got 4 yes' from the all the judges.

She sang Radiohead's "Creep", and I thought she was very good.

She is the 7th video down, underneath Shirlena Johnston.

http://xfactor-updates.com/xfactor-audition-show-1-videos/

I like Kate Waisal too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Wow, thanks for posting that, she is really good, I like her. Didn't watch the Xtra Factor at all last night. I love the fact that Simon rejected her first five or so choices and it didn't throw her a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

I really don't like that xfactor style of singing, everything is just really over the top just for sake of it even though it isn't pleasant to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Wow, thanks for posting that, she is really good, I like her. Didn't watch the Xtra Factor at all last night. I love the fact that Simon rejected her first five or so choices and it didn't throw her a bit!

Yeah, she listed a good variety of different styles of songs she could sing.
    Looking forward to hearing her again,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Yeah, not sure either why they didn't have her on the main show either! Liked her a lot - especially her choice of song, very unusual on something like the X Factor! :)

Yeah, not sure either why they didn't have her on the main show either! Liked her a lot - especially her choice of song, very unusual on something like the X Factor! :)

It was done by G4 and I think they released it as a single.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

was wonder this as well, should have got put on instead of one of those dreadful acts

loike wrote: »
    was wonder this as well, should have got put on instead of one of those dreadful acts
    The dreadful acts are the only reason I watch x-factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

loike wrote: »

I think it may be an attempt to get more viewers to watch the XTRA Factor.
    I'd say a lot of people don't bother watching it in the audition stages[myself included], as it's usually just the jokey rubbish acts, so maybe it's a ploy to get people to want to watch it incase they miss somebody really good.
    I just came across the repeat by chance, and had it on in the background, that was the only reason I ended up hearing her.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I thought she was very good - every year there is one or two you see in the auditions that you know you will see in the live shows, she may be one.

Although when I was looking at the audition I kept thinking "set up" - last year was the first year I started thinking of set ups. Once the acts get through the screening auditions certain information is fed back to the producers and the judges and I keep thinking some of it is a bit staged by the show - obviously not the act, they don't have a clue, but they are definelty handled a bit different to make better TV.

Maybe its just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Hi everyone,

Just posting this incase anybody missed her. Holly Burns was shown on the XTRA Factor instead of the main show, which I don't know why because she got 4 yes' from the all the judges.

She sang Radiohead's "Creep", and I thought she was very good.

She is the 7th video down, underneath Shirlena Johnston.

http://xfactor-updates.com/xfactor-audition-show-1-videos/

I like Kate Waisal too.

She was good.I like Katie Waisal too.
    Looking forward for them to sing again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I think it may be an attempt to get more viewers to watch the XTRA Factor.
    I'd say a lot of people don't bother watching it in the audition stages[myself included], as it's usually just the jokey rubbish acts, so maybe it's a ploy to get people to want to watch it incase they miss somebody really good.
    I just came across the repeat by chance, and had it on in the background, that was the only reason I ended up hearing her.:)
    That would be a stupid reason though. I think its a disgrace for her to be honest to not get on the main show. Prime time TV slot and a chance to showcase herself and she didn't even get the chance. Might still advance in the competition but thats not really the point.

You want to be on the main show if you good or even indifferent. Look at John and Edward. Love them or hate them, the moment they were on the main show, it took off and they dominated the headlines that series.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    That would be a stupid reason though. I think its a disgrace for her to be honest to not get on the main show. Prime time TV slot and a chance to showcase herself and she didn't even get the chance. Might still advance in the competition but thats not really the point.

You want to be on the main show if you good or even indifferent. Look at John and Edward. Love them or hate them, the moment they were on the main show, it took off and they dominated the headlines that series.
    You realise there was probably people as good as her who didn't get on either show? If they still get through then it doesn't really make a difference and if they can't make a big enough impact to get on the later shows then what chance would they have had during the live shows anyway.

Advertisement