Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living with strangers at college...??

• 22-08-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Would you recomend it?
    Please give your opinion!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It depends on who end up with, I have a friend who got on with his flat mates so well that they decide to live together again this year. I have another friend who hated hers so much she moved out and found another place after a month. And know these girls who ended up living with a complete crazy. Said crazy has since become a subject of many amusing anecdotes.

You might as well go for it, no matter who you end up with, it'll be an experience anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Most people do live with strangers on campus in first year in my college (Maynooth). It's a great way to meet new people/friends and a good learning experience. Couldn't do it two years in a row though so I've got a house with a few people I met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i lived with strangers last year. didn't know a single one of them, and got on great. moving into a house with a friend this year. don't know anyone else in the house though. :) good way to meet new people though.

i will say this though. if you're a lad, under no circumstances should you move into a house with all girls. you will never get your way. it's an absolute nightmare. my brother done this one year and hated it. >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

whiteman19 wrote: »

i will say this though. if you're a lad, under no circumstances should you move into a house with all girls. you will never get your way. it's an absolute nightmare. my brother done this one year and hated it. >.<

He didn't get teh secks?? ;) lol

When I move to Galway in 2 weeks, I'm gonna be living with total strangers!
    I suppose I could end up with anyone.. A bunch of sound people or a load of gearheads! All part of the fun I suppose :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

ciano1 wrote: »
    He didn't get teh secks?? ;) lol

When I move to Galway in 2 weeks, I'm gonna be living with total strangers!
    I suppose I could end up with anyone.. A bunch of sound people or a load of gearheads! All part of the fun I suppose :p
    no, just headaches :P

but if you're a lad, you definitely need another lad to chat to in a house. you'll go crazy if you're stuck with girls.

you're going to love galway btw. lovely city. enjoy CS&IT when (not if) ya get it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement