Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electroplus TV in Stradbrook

Options
  • 22-08-2010 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all, I am new to the Stradbrook estate in Portlaoise..

I discovered before I moved in that I couldnt get a Sky box up on the apartment, and that I would have to go via this Electroplus crowd to hook me up with TV.. Anyways, I send off the contract and last wk, the guy came out to set it up.. Because my TV remote broke in the move, i had no remote, and even though this guy had a box wit a load of buttons on it, he didnt have a universal remote with him... Told me to go get one and tune in myself, then after leaving me with RTE1 and UTV, had the neck to take 75euro off me... Then the other day, i rang and told them that I now had a remote but wasnt able to find the channels, could they send the man out again, they want another 50euro off me hahahah!! Ya right. Then I ordered sky from them the other day, which I had to pay another 79euro for, aparently the 75 I already paid for my whopping 2 channels didnt cover me!! Anyways my real question is: When Sky come and hook my TV up for me, do I still need this Electroplus crowd, and do I still need to fork over 19.50p/m on top of my Sky... Find it all a bit of a money spinner! Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Flynner64

I used to live in Stradbrook, and yeh, you have to pay Electroplus the 19.50 a month as well as the Sky fee, even though you'll never watch the small electroplus selection again, except maybe the cctv channel late on a saturday night to watch the drunks :-)

Advertisement