Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Access 2007 query problem

Options
  • 22-08-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi, Im currently working on a pretty straight forward application. Im currently using access 2007. I've into a pretty weird problem where none of my queries that use form contents as criteria are not currently working. Any time i go to run my queries i get a dialogue box pop asking me to enter some data.

I used the Builder tool to create the criteria. The builder tool is able to see the forms without any problem.

The forms displaying the problems were orginally created in 2003.

Ive recently converted the project from 2003 to 2007. The problem seems to have come out of now where as i converted the project earlier in the week and im only seeing this problem today.

Has anybody ever seeing anything like this before or any ideas. I dont want to have to recreate all my forms that were created in Access 03.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Hi,

It sounds like one of your queries has a parameter in it which is referencing a form control, which may have been renamed to something different.

If you have a look at the query in the query window you should see something like
    [combobox1].value or something similar.

If you execute the query on it's own, does it prompt you for a value like it's suppose to ? If it does, just make sure you have the control on the form named correctly.

Advertisement