Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow

• 22-08-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Anyone going to Glasgow this September?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 greensnake

glasgow is ****, why would anyone go there ..

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

greensnake wrote: »
    glasgow is ****, why would anyone go there ..

WTF? why would you insult the place someone is going to college for no reason? Glasgow is actually a really nice city , with lovely people and a really great university.

Grow up.

WTF? why would you insult the place someone is going to college for no reason? Glasgow is actually a really nice city , with lovely people and a really great university.

Grow up.

why dont you grow up farty pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

why dont you grow up farty pants
    Why, what a GREAT start to your career on Boards!

Infracted.

Please read the forum charter before you post here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

i guess its just me then!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

I missed out by a grade! :(
    what did you apply for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Echey

I missed out by a grade! :(
    what did you apply for?
    Did you phone the uni admissions about your grade's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

I agree greensnake. What a dump. Only good thing is the nightclub Cathouse - great for rock music. The uni might be decent though.

I agree greensnake. What a dump. Only good thing is the nightclub Cathouse - great for rock music. The uni might be decent though.
    whats so wrong with Glasgow that's its a dump to you ?. The uni is more than decent its better than most uni's in this country except tcd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

Echey wrote: »
    Did you phone the uni admissions about your grade's ?

I have considered it but when I checked my UCAS, it had already said I was accepted to my insurance so I say it's a bit too late now.
    Oh well! I'm just nervous about tomorrow really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

GB & NI Colleges Forum

OP,This will be of more use to you than the LC forum. You will get the responses you are looking for there and you never know there maybe a some people who know the university and could help you if needs be.

(@unknown: substitute the other side instead - R)

Why, what a GREAT start to your career on Boards!

Infracted.

Please read the forum charter before you post here again.

loool Randy couldn't see the humour in my above post , I like how he thinks i'm new .. :)

loool Randy couldn't see the humour in my above post , I like how he thinks i'm new .. :)

Why, what was your previous nick?

Yeah is'nt it a huge dump ?... You have to go there to know ..you know

Why, what was your previous nick?

nick ?

nick ?
    User name.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

@greensnake. The college might be ok but you won't be there all day every day. You'll have to venture into the city centre which is a hole. I'll be studying with the Open Uni so I'll be in the comforts of my own home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Grow up.

A number of great unis actually.
    GU itself is very highly regarded internationally, and very old. The Art College is considered world class. Strathclyde is one of the best in Britain, and you also have Caledonian and West of Scotland (okay, it's in Paisley!) too.
    The city is splendid, really beautiful in the way Belfast might have been had it not been blown to bits. All red brick Victorian architecture, very impressive. Plenty to do, friendly people, loads of amenities and it probably benefited more than any other town from being a city of culture. It completely revolutionised huge chunks of the town.
    And you get an MA automatically from Scottish unis, as their degrees are four years.
    Living expenses a fraction of Dublin too. I'm not seeing a downside here.

@greensnake. The college might be ok but you won't be there all day every day. You'll have to venture into the city centre which is a hole. I'll be studying with the Open Uni so I'll be in the comforts of my own home.

there are parts of the city that have seen better days ...but you cannot say the whole city is a dump ..because it isint

A number of great unis actually.
    GU itself is very highly regarded internationally, and very old. The Art College is considered world class. Strathclyde is one of the best in Britain, and you also have Caledonian and West of Scotland (okay, it's in Paisley!) too.
    The city is splendid, really beautiful in the way Belfast might have been had it not been blown to bits. All red brick Victorian architecture, very impressive. Plenty to do, friendly people, loads of amenities and it probably benefited more than any other town from being a city of culture. It completely revolutionised huge chunks of the town.
    And you get an MA automatically from Scottish unis, as their degrees are four years.
    Living expenses a fraction of Dublin too. I'm not seeing a downside here.

couldnt say it better myself

i was gonna go to DCU but the accomodation was far too expensive

the accomodation in the university of strathclyde is nearly 1000 euro cheaper AND food drinks etc. is far cheaper than over here ...there is no downside

and i actually like the city of glasgow thats why im goin there!

• Advertisement

Univ of Glasgow is more than "OK" its one of the UK best university and within the one hundred world best universities, however i did notice the open univ within the world best university ranking system i wonder why?. The grades for the Uni of Glasgow are AABB in LC. And the library has 2.5 million books, does you home have anything close to that in books !.

However, Glasgow is not a dump etc "Glasgow has been named by an influential travel guide as one of the best cities in the world to visit in 2009" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/scotland/glasgow/3197480/Glasgow-named-one-of-best-cities-in-the-world.html

What are the grades for the open uni ??. Do you actually think you stand a change of getting a decent job after you complete you home study course ? think again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Glasgow is not a dump! No more than any city in Ireland is! I've been there twice. Great restaurants and bars. And its a quick flight from Dublin so u could be over and back for weekends if u wanted.

Guys... dont be telling people a place is a dump when the thread is about someone who is going there. Thats just being bitchy and immature and not necessary. Its not like anyone is going to be going to a university on the Seychells, or on a beach in Hawaii! NO city in the world is perfect without its problems.

Enough, tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement