Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most over rated Irish player

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

MOG7 wrote: »
    Agree 100% but I'm just waiting for the day he does something good, he must have it in him, i know a few people who played against him at under age and they said he was the best player on the pitch by miles. I know its a big step and he always looks terrible but i'm sure he will turn it on sometime, i used to think when Richard Dunne was younger he was the worrst player in the world but he turned out ok, i know Dunne had some off the field problems but still.

I don't really get this one, he is a class act, ok maybe not enough goals but its hard when your not in a good team and your not getting the supply, the work he puts in alone means he deserves all the praise he gets imo.

doyles work rate and attitude is 1st rate but hes slower than gods horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

eagle eye wrote: »
    John Aldridge played in much better Irish teams than Robbie Keane, he was a more highly rated player too.

Aldridge has 19 goals in 69 internationals for the ROI at an average of .27 goals per game. Robbie Keane has 43 goals in 100 internationals at an average of .43 goals per game.

Your thought?

John Aldridge was a decent club player but never really any good for Ireland. Robbie Keane has scored vital goals for us numerous times, something Aldridge rarely did.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Shay given has to be the most overrated

Can I assume you're just trolling and/or taking the p1ss?? He's the best goalkeeper we've ever had bar none.

Right now the most overrated Irish player is Aiden McGeady. Someone please tell me what I'm missing because I can't see it. Any time I've seen him play for Ireland he's been mediocre. Note how there wasn't exactly a queue of premier league clubs wanting to sign him. That tells its own story.

Advertisement